Chapter 15

No sleep for 37 hours. She was by Niall’s side throughout the whole process. She was the one signing papers and keeping guard. Paul seemed to learn not to underestimate her, seeing her reaction to a major problem, and he left her with Niall. He must have got an inkling that she was capable not with just first-aid life-saving techniques.

She wished that she wouldn’t show glimpses of how well she could actually do. She ended up showing it without even trying.

Niall was already awake, but he preferred not talking. Neither did she. By this time, she couldn’t help it. She was running on coffee at this point. She didn’t know when her crash was going to be, but she knew that the next time she would get some sleep, it would end up being more than twelve hours.

A girl could only lack a certain amount of hours of sleep before her body couldn’t handle it anymore, no matter how disciplined she was used to being.

“Amy,” Niall said, his voice hoarse.

“What?” she said, her voice just as hoarse as his. She was basically just awake while Paul had been gone. The news had probably got out now. This would be a field day for the press. Simon would find out and he would find a way to blame it on her again. He would tell her that maybe she should have tried it first or something.

But she was so tired.

Her head was spinning and her chest was aching.

“You should get back to the hotel and sleep. You look horrible,” he said. “It’s not your job to stay with me.”

“Yes it is, Niall. I have to make sure that you’re okay,” she said, yawning widely for the umpteenth time.

“Trust me, it’s not.”

“Trust me, it is, Niall,” she said, aggravated at this point. She just wished he would be grateful that she was here at all.

“You care so much for people your hardly know. It doesn’t even matter if you’re getting paid or not. This is beyond the call of duty.”

“Magis,” she said. “To be more than what is expected. To be more for others.”

“I know you need rest when you’re starting to talk in words that I don’t even know about,” he said, laughing.

“I’m glad you find something fun about this,” she said sarcastically.

“I just find it a little weird, that’s all. You seem to know so many random facts and things. There’s something funny about you, I tell you.”

“I just like reading random facts everyday, that’s all,” Eliza said, scared that she was blowing her cover. She really should stop sounding too smart. She was apparently, even too nice in this environment. Their management must have been demonic if Niall thought she was nice, and if Louis went to her first at a time of crisis.