Chapter 12

Hi! Sorry for not uploading in so long :( I'm trying to keep writing, I promise! I'll almost have some free time in a few weeks, so hopefully, by then, I can focus on writing again!

Please vote, comment and follow! You guys don't know how much one of those can do and how much I appreciate them! Thanks a lot! I'll see you in a few!

~

‘Time is running Short.’

It was the next message from whoever it was. It was still forwarded to the management. She tried the IP address again, but it just went back to the management, as if taunting her. She asked them to give them the original sender. They said that they did. Whoever sent it had a really good firewall up and just redirected her so that she would get back to the management site. She didn’t want risking her own files to get retrieved. It went both ways when it came to hacking, and she really couldn’t afford anyone hacking into any of her systems. She didn’t know just how good the hackers were, and although she knew that her firewall was strong, she didn’t want to risk anything.

She had to get a third laptop without any files at all.

Eliza was staring at her laptop for a really long time, just looking at the four words. It was annoying. It was another riddle. It was another clue. There weren’t a lot of clues this time. She didn’t even know why the S in Short was capitalized.

Short in finance, was short selling, meaning selling securities and repurchasing at a lower price, explaining it simply.

It was sort of a stab at management, possible, but she didn’t have access to financial documents, not even when she tried hacking into their systems. There were individual bank accounts and a lot of other accounts that could have handled the finances of different clients. She wouldn’t get very far without the permission from the management. She doubted that they would trust some twenty-two year old with their private accounts on how much they were getting off their clients.

Short & Corp. It was an accounting firm, but they weren’t at all affiliated with management or Simon Cowell. It didn’t seem that they did business at all with anything affiliated with One Direction, even a sister company.

C.P. Short. It was more on social networking and working about the employee performance and interaction. It wasn’t a company though. It was more of a program. Again, there was no relation at all with anything One Direction.

Those were the only things that she saw that could be remotely connected.

She didn’t really want to look at other things that were a lot smaller and had Short in their names. Maybe it was a last name of a person? There was a reason that it was a noun and not an adjective.

Martin Short? He’s a Canadian actor. That didn’t really make much sense now. She felt like she was just grabbing at possibilities.

Hmm…

It wouldn’t be that difficult. It shouldn’t be. It should be as simple as the one with Louis. That meant that they were going for someone else this time. She just couldn’t figure out why they were picking them out one by one, as if just to scare everyone. The Louis scare actually got out. Eliza knew that it was Grace who leaked it out. Grace gave it to a media site that they knew was allied with them, and would post it.

It would begin from there. Other sites and tabloids would then spread it like wildfire.

Something simple.

She came up with more numbers.

She had the boys’ statistics on her documents. She just looked at them for about thirty minutes, all the possibilities. She tried adding them up to see if anything came up with Short.