Chapter 21

“Where’s Liam?” she said, getting back the table. She got what she needed. It didn’t really last that long, and she didn’t want to go to someone’s flat, so she had to settle for a quick one. It was either that or none at all.

“I think he went to the toilet,” Harry said.

“Where are your bodyguards?” Eliza said, her panic level rising the more sober she was getting. She had two glasses of water and her hit from her drug had already worn off.

“Off to get another drink,” Niall said. “They said they were just getting pints for us.”

“All of them?” Eliza said, her voice rising rapidly.

“No. John and Preston went with Liam,” Harry said. “Don’t worry so much. There are plenty of people around.”

“Yeah, and it’s dark and all of them are hammered,” she said. “I’m going to find the other three and get them back here. Tell the others when they get back not to leave you all alone again.”

“Relax. Nothing’s going to happen in fifteen minutes,” Zayn said.

She found the bodyguards easy at the bar. They were talking up a few girls. Eliza was more of a bitch to them, which was why she was sure that they didn’t think her attractive in the slightest. She did just then and scolded them for leaving the boys.

On the way back, she reminded them of what happened to Louis and Niall, and if anything happened to anyone else, she would personally castrate them if that meant that they would take their job seriously.

Obviously, that was just a threat, but she might be very close to doing that if anything else happened.

She swore when she saw that Liam wasn’t with John and Preston. “He isn’t with you?”

They suddenly looked alarmed.

“We went ahead after he said he would go looking for them,” Preston said, pointing at the three other bodyguards.

“What is the fucking point of having five of you around if you’re not even guarding anyone?” she said heatedly. “You all stay here, before you lose any of the others. Obviously, you don’t listen to a woman.”

She looked at her phone. He was still in the vicinity. He was on this street, and she could have guessed that piece of information without the stupid tracker.

The men’s toilet. She didn’t want incompetence anymore and she decided to just do things herself instead of ask one of them to do it for her.

“Liam?” she said, heading into the bathroom without reservations.

There were two closed doors. There were a few guys who were relieving themselves of their full bladders. They didn’t even seem to mind that there was a woman inside.

“That one’s been closed quite a long time,” said one of the guys, seeing her looking at the two closed doors. He zipped up his pants and went to wash his hands.