Dramatic dorks

This is a modern au were Rayla and Callum are from different schools that are huge rivals but they both love each other. Rayla is the Football's team QB ( quarterback) and star of Xadia high while Callum is in the arts and design club were he does photography and drawings for Katolis High. They met when Callum was in the game of Xadia high vs. Katolis high and when he saw Rayla he fell in love before he knew it, even tho his job there was simply to take pictures for the school album.

Rayla saw Callum from afar and when their eyes met they both felt something they never did before, it was love of course but they didn't know it at the time. They made eye contact for a few seconds before Callum trip himself, Rayla thought he was cute but Callum thought of himself as a goof. 

Soon after the game (surprisingly) Callum went up to Rayla and asked if he could do an interview of her.

"As a reporter i want to know more of both sides that I'm writing about...so since you're the teams QB of Xadia high i think it would be some good information" Callum said with all his courage.

"Well I don't know much about reporting but I guess some questions wouldn't hurt anyone"  Rayla responded, a smirk playing on her lips.

After a long talk they both became friends, even with their different schools and social status. As time pass they become closer and closer, who would have known that the Xadia's ruthless, charming football QB would fall in love with the Katolis newspaper boy. The day they both confessed was quite a funny one. Callum was on the benches cheering for his best friend Rayla, he was glad that it wasn't against his school this time. The game had finally ended and Rayla's team won, (to let everyone know reading this Rayla indeed has a fan club and the whole club hates Callum more then anything) a lot of both boys and girls went over to Rayla and gush over her.

Callum didn't like it since he saw that Rayla seemed bothered over all of this and well he was jealous. He stepped inside the circle of fans till he got to Rayla and found a way to get her outta the mess. 

"Give me your hand Ray" he said to her, as Rayla nodded and took it.

They somehow found a way to scrim out of all the fans and made it to the school's pool building.

"Heh...oof...seems like...we...made it" Rayla said out of breath.

"Hah ...you wouldn't ...have made it ...with out me" Callum smirked up to her but still out of breath.

"Shut up dork" Rayla said as they both laughed. Rayla had pushed Callum and unfortunately he lost his balance and just like he fell to the pool he did it pulling Rayla with him too.

They both just laughed, both starting to splash each other.

"Look what you got us into Callum!" Rayla chuckled.

"Well it isn't my fault that you are so popular to have a fan club attacking you always" Callum said back with a smirk.

"Pfft you're just jealous" Rayla joked.

"Well I'm not jealous of you..." Callum said, his smirk turning in a flustered smile.

"What do you mean Cal?" Rayla asked

"I'm jealous that those kids try like, I don't know gush over you or some crap" He said as he blushed, getting closer to her. 

"O-oh" said Rayla as she got closer to him.

"Rayla?" Callum said as their faces became closer and he was looking up to her lips.

"Yeah...?" Rayla said as she did the same.

"I think I love you" Callum said as he closed the gap between them. The kiss was soft and they both melted into it, but Callum pulled away embarrassed.

"I'm...sorry Ray...I shouldn't have done that...mostly because maybe you don't feel the same way...and...and we both go to schools that hate each other...and...what if it ends in this fight between our schools and what if..."Callum said as he stammered.

"Agh, just shut up you dramatic dork and kiss me again" Rayla said rolling her eyes and pulled him in for another kiss, this one it lasted it longer, both of them rapping their arms around each other.

"Hey, what are you kids doing here!?" Said a school guard pointing a flashlight at them.

"O-oh sorry sir!" Rayla said, but the guard just said scoffed and left saying "Get out of the pool before I call someone" but Rayla and Callum just chuckled.