Chapater four part one: via stulti

We barricade ourselves in the lobby, laying Jase on one of the foam layout chairs. Her IV dangling from the fake, plastic tree branch stationed next to us.

The atmosphere gloomy and startling empty. Moans and footsteps protruding from the levels above us. Vending machines and furnishings cover the entrance doors and elevators. The wide corridor filled to the brim with chairs.

'help me cover the windows'

Requesting JQ's assistance, placing a stack of ads and new papers in his palms. Tossing him a water bottle from our stash to wet it down with.

"At least we know the water runs"

I tell JQ, throwing him a little flirty smirk as the small candles we found earlier luminate the room around us. Revealing our terrible state: blood-stained and ravaged clothes. The stench radiating from us already.

Saturating the glass with water, readily slapping the paper against it? Gazing at JQ from my peripheral view, soaking in how properly beautiful he is. The way his jawline contorts into his neck, his broad shoulders, and curly hair. JQ's face riddled without emotion, focused on his task which I find sexy.

He catches me glancing at him, I see his face becoming a rosy tint as he quickly adjusts his eyes back to the windows. I giggle at his shyness lightly, detecting the innocents in him;
despite witnessing him kill and shoot people.

I wonder how he sees me, suddenly becoming self-conscious about my current appearance. The thoughts of my looks had went out the window the moment this started.

-

Lounging together in silence, Jase's raspy breaths now reduced to hydrated healthy ones. We are all positioned differently in the room, now separated by mere distance since us finding each other at the start of this.

JQ clears his throat, slouching his body in the metal chair crossing his legs over each other.

"This is crazy I know, but if we don't talk about it. We will never get it"

I throw him concerning eyebrows like he has caught me in my quest to question my own sanity.

'what do you know that I don't?'

Peering over to Jase, her chest rising and falling soaking in every liquid we could offer her. The bandages cascading her entire head, the pink tint soaking through them already.

"let's say I'm an agent who performs various task"

JQ confesses to me, placing his arm under his chin caressing it with his thumbs' tip;
trying to find his words.

"I wasn't 'suppose to hear about this, but Walt Disney was brought back from cryosleep; he is the one to initiate NWO"

I'm bewildered by JQ accusations, wondering why he waited so long to tell me; how this could even be possibly true, the news stations would have been all over this story. This has been a myth since even before I was born.
He starts pulling his wallet out of his pocket, unfolding the leather showing me the surface of his badge.

Department of investigation - special agent FBI

JQ's bright, white smile published beside the credentials. His identity confirmed to be the agent be claimed. He starts yanking out a dollar bill, grabbing a candle and squatting next to me. JQ holds the flame over the back, the right side of the bill, the pyramid eye scowling at us as he points out the Latin words underneath it.

'novus ordo seclorum'

I stutter out, reading the unknown words under the dim light trying to make the fine print out.

"meaning new order of age"

-

The water trickles down my stained body, the warmth standing my body hairs on end. My hair soaking within the liquid, the soap smell wavering above me as I swipe it across me. The dirt mixing with the clean water at my feet, before it falls down the drain. I sit on the plastic flooring, knees to my chest truly feeling the impact of today. The splitting headache from the crash earlier, the constant movement and running. The throw up smell lingering on my tongue. Feeling the ulcers growing in my stomach from how much stress we were were thrown in, the story JQ weighing in on my mind.

-

'You never did tell me what agent you were'

I bicker to JQ, dabbing the crusted blood and dirt from Jase's face; slathering A&D ointment on her face scratches. Tucking her body safely in as I cuddle up next to her.

"bounty hunter"

-

"Do-don't tr-"

A voice revives me from my sleep, recognizing the voice of jase stammering through gasping breaths. I light a candle from the side table, brightening the space around us, her eyes still peeled shut. Gleaming the light in JQ's direction, he's passed out fully reclined back with his arms tucked under his head.

'Jase, what was that?'

I whisper out to her astounded, she remains silent with her eyes closed not making any movements other than her breaths.