Chapter 11 Redux: Comfort

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Ready?

Miyuki: I...I think so.

She proceeds to close her eyes as the bedroom changes into an awe-inspiring environment.

Y/N: Wow...

Miyuki: (still has her eyes closed) Is it bad?

Y/N: Take a look.

Miyuki slowly opens her eyes as the new sight is revealed to be a starry night sky.

Miyuki: I

Miyuki: I...did this?

Y/N: (smiles) Mmhm. You're really creative Miyuki.

Miyuki: (tries to put up a confident front) O-Of course! I mean, as your jester, I'm supposed to be creative, since it will allow me to come up with many acts that will bring you happiness.

Y/N: (forms a warm smile) It already has.

Miyuki: ....

Suddenly, Miyuki has tears starting to form in her eyes before falling to her knees as she completely breaks down.

Y/N: Miyuki, what's wrong?!

Miyuki: I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Y/N: Please don't cry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Miyuki suddenly embraces her other half as Y/N gently strokes her hair in order to provide some sense of comfort.

Y/N: (as Miyuki starts to calm down) Miyuki, please tell me what I said to upset you.

Miyuki: I...I...wasn't upset. I was actually really happy but also scared.

Y/N: "scared"?

Miyuki: I'm...still a little uneasy around you when I'm like this. I've gone insane and mentally tortured you for months.

Miyuki: When you smile, it makes me feel even more guilty that I could've done something to help you sooner.

Y/N: You don't have to feel guilty since this is all my fault. (gestures to the various bandages and markings on Miyuki) I did this to you.

Y/N: That's why I want to continue to try and make you happy.

The black-haired girl proceeds to pat her jester persona's head, she then changes the world back to the bedroom.

Y/N motions for Miyuki to lay on it as the jester personality hesitantly does so. A soft sensation soon overwhelms Miyuki, who let's out a small yawn due to the sudden drowsiness caused from the warmth and comfortability from the bed.

Miyuki: So warm...

Y/N: You haven't been able to sleep properly for all this time because of the pain I left you to endure. I know it's not much but I hope it allows you to rest soundly even for a little while.