❄ 5 ❄️ Speculations ❄

❄ ❄️ Speculations 

Appleton Manor
Friday, January 07, 2007

Wren walked down a long, dark stone underground corridor with her heartbeat thumping frantically inside her chest, the whispering breaths of the vampires surrounding her loud to her now sensitive ears. Her ice-blue eyes glowed like frozen pools of water in the dark as they scanned every nook and cranny of the corridor, searching for any signs of danger or other bloodthirsty vampires. The small blonde-haired child, Jane, took a sharp left-hand turn around a corner with the other child, a boy with short brown hair, flitting quickly behind her. She felt Rhys, who was walking at her side, took her hand in his and laced their fingers together as they followed after them. They walked down another dark corridor until they came to a stop outside a tall, wrought iron door.

Jane opened the door with ease and stepped inside. Wren gripped Rhys' hand tightly in her own as they followed her through the door. Once her overly sensitive eyes adjusted to the new lighting, she saw that they had entered a long, brightly lit stone entrance hall decorated in bright red and black. At the center of the large hall, there stood a long, black, marble counter, at which stood a beautiful young woman with long black hair and big, grey eyes. She looked up as the group started across the hall and smiled at them all.

"Hello Jane, Alec, Heidi, Gianna, Felix, and Demetri." she greeted the dark-robed vampires in a warm voice.

Jane snarled at her in return as the semi-small group walked past the counter. Wren glanced at the young woman, who just shrugged her shoulders in reaction to Jane's snarl and went back to her work, feeling a strange tug like before when she met Jane, Alec, and Demetri, towards her. A strange, metallic scent surrounded her like an aura and she wondered if the vampires could smell it and if so, were they desensitized toward it. All thought flew from her mind as they all came to a stop outside a pair of tall, dark wooden double doors. Demetri and Felix strode forward swiftly and pulled open the heavy doors. Jane walked forward with Rhys and Wren following behind her as Alec, Gianna, Demetri, Heidi, and Felix fell in behind them.

"We have found the girl, Master," she spoke in a voice as cold as ice as she came to a stop before a raised dais where three men were sitting on red, gold, and black thrones.

The man in the largest, middle throne smiled down at her fondly, his face as pale and as thin as paper, surrounded by fine, shoulder-length black hair, his brilliant white teeth gleaming in the dimly lit hall.

"Well done, dearest Jane." he praised her, beckoning her to him with a thin, pale hand.

Wren suddenly felt a tug, much stronger than the others, coming from him and one of the two remaining men, whose hair was also dark. Jane stepped forward and placed her small hand in the man's larger one. Seconds passed before he smiled and patted her hand gently. She pulled her hand free as he turned to face the other men.

"Interesting." he murmured softly to them.

The man then turned around and floated down the steps of the dais, crossing the stone floor with his eyes cast down onto the stone flooring. Rhys growled suddenly, a deep menacing sound that rumbled in his chest, as he neared him and Wren. The man paused a few feet away, a small smile spreading across his thin, pale lips.