❄ 22 ❄️ Let The Games Begin ❄️

22 ❄️ Let The Games Begin

Saturday, March 12, 2017

Eleazar sat in Carlisle's study, reading one of his most interesting medical journals when Carmen, his most beautiful wife, and mate, walked into the room. She smiled at him lovingly, her beautiful golden topaz eyes glowing with love and adoration.

"Are you done in here, il Mio amor?" she asked him in her soft musical voice.

"Si, il Mio Cuore," he replied, closing the journal and setting it on a side table beside the armchair.

Eleazar rose to his feet and pulled her into his arms. He pressed a kiss to her soft, cool lips and she smiled up at him again.

"Would you like to retire to our bedroom?" he whispered to her huskily.

Desire flashed briefly in her golden eyes before she shook her head in the negative.

"No. Rhys and Wren will be arriving soon. Alice saw them coming."

He frowned down at her, suddenly confused. "I thought that Alice could not see them?"

Carmen shrugged her delicate shoulders in reply, turned away from her husband, and crossed to the study door, her long, luscious black hair swaying down her back to her hips as she walked. Eleazar follows her from the room, closing the door softly behind him. They started down the hallway to the staircase. As they walked down the stairs, they could hear their family throughout the house, doing whatever fancied their interests at the moment. Alice was in her closet, searching through her racks of designer clothing while Jasper was in his study adjoining their bedroom, reading one of his many books on the history of the Civil War.

Esme was in her study adjoining hers and Carlisle's bedroom, working on a new design for a house she was currently renovating in town. Rosalie and Elle were both in the garage on the main floor, tinkering with one of the many cars the family-owned. Leah, Jacob, Quil, Embry, and Seth were all in the kitchen, fixing themselves a second breakfast. Garrett and Emmett were in the living room, playing one of the many video games systems, bragging about the high scores they had gotten on the games before now or trash-talking one another to try to get one or the other to lose.

Tanya, Nessie, and Kate were all on the computers, surfing the Internet for reading material or fashion trends. Carmen and Eleazar descended the staircase together and reached the landing as the sound of a car pulled up into the driveway, the door slamming shut.

"They're here!" Emmett shouted excitedly, dropping his controller and jumping up off the couch situated in front of the entertainment center.

"It's only Carlisle," Alice shouted back as he reached the front door.

"Aw! Why does it always have to be Carlisle?" he whined as he stomped back over to the couch and sat down heavily.