❄ 20 ❄️ First Sight ❄️

20 ❄️ First Sight

Forks High School
Tuesday, March 08, 2017

Edward Cullen parked the Volvo in a spot farthest from the main office and shut off the engine. He stepped out of the car and walked around to the passenger side door. He opened the door and waited for his wife to step out of the car. Isabella Cullen smiled up at her husband as she slid off the seat. Edward shut the door as she stepped away from the car, taking one of her hands into his own afterward.

An electric shock ran up her arm and then down the length of her spine, making her aware of his scent and body close at her side. Bella gasped softly and looked up at her husband with wide, golden eyes. He grinned down at her, the corner of his mouth curling up into a beautiful half-smile, his ocher eyes glittering. The back door of the Volvo slammed shut loudly and her male best friend Jacob Black and her daughter, Nessie, were now standing beside them.

"Do we have to stand here and watch you two stare at each other or can we go meet up with the others?" Jacob grumbled as Nessie giggled softly at his side.

Bella sighed heavily exasperatedly and shook her head as Edward growled at Jacob softly in a warning.

"Dad." Nessie hissed softly as Bella's sister-in-law and female best friend Alice Cullen and her husband Jasper Hale came up to them, followed by their cousins Tanya, Kate and Garrett Denali, Elle Platt, her sister and brother Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen, Leah and Seth Clearwater, Embry Call and Quil Ateara.

"What has little Eddie and Bellie done now?" Emmett asked Nessie and Jacob with a smirk, his golden eyes shining with innocent curiosity.

Edward tensed at the hated nickname.

"Don't call me that!" he growled at him as he glared at his brother.

Emmett grinned back at him, his golden eyes sparkling mischievously. "Call you what... Eddie?"

Another growl rumbled inside Edward's chest as he took a warning step forward. Jasper sighed heavily in exasperation and stepped in between his brothers, placing a calming hand on Edward's shoulder. Edward relaxed visibly as a wave of tranquility washed over him.

"You shouldn't tease him like that, Emmett. You know that he doesn't like that name." Jasper scolded Emmett quietly.

Emmett just shrugged his broad shoulders and turned to Rosalie, wrapped a thick arm around her waist and began kissing her passionately. Alice turned from scanning the parking lot and wrinkled her delicate nose at the sight of their public display of affection.

"Rose, Emmett, not in front of the children." she scolded both of them.

Leah snorted and rolled her deep brown eyes at the vampire girl's words. "Like that's gonna stop them."

Bella shook her head at the change of cover-station and scanned the parking lot curiously. Half of the student body had already arrived and were now standing around, chattering about nothing and everything. Some of the students still cast curious glances their way but otherwise seemed pretty preoccupied. A group of students a few cars down from them stood talking and some of their cover-station caught her attention.