❄ 18 ❄️ Freedom ❄️

18 ❄️ Freedom

Wednesday, February 16,  2007

Wren awoke to bright sunlight seeping in through a tiny crack in the heavy black drapes that hung over the windows. She stretched languidly and sat up in the bed, glancing around the dim bedroom. Rhys was nowhere in sight. She listened intently and heard him in the other room, turning the pages of a book slowly and methodically. Wren smiled softly and climb out of the bed, stretching her body from head to toe.

She walked silently across the carpeted floor to the bathroom. She turned on the shower and adjusted the water to her liking as her mind wandered to the previous day. Wren grinned smugly as she remembered the shocked expressions on the guards' faces as she easily copied the powers of their fellow guard members one by one and used them against them. She suddenly remembered that Eadgar had commented on a tattoo she supposedly had. Wren frowned as she undressed quickly and stood in front of the full-length mirror that hung on the back of the door.

Her ice-blue eyes scanned the length of her body for any signs of a tattoo. She suddenly spotted on her right hip bone. The word Caeli was scrawled in curving silvery-grey letters. She stared at it, dumbfounded, as she wondered briefly where it had come from. It hadn't been there when she'd taken a bath at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place.

Wren shook her head clear of the confusing thoughts whirling about inside it and stepped into the shower. She washed her ice blonde hair and soaped her body with her favorite apple-scented shampoo and body wash and then turned off the water. She wrapped herself in a large fluffy towel and walked out of the bathroom. She stepped into the closet and began choosing an outfit to wear. She dried her body off, squeezed the access water from her ice blonde hair with another towel, and began moisturizing and lotioning her skin before dressing.

Wren decided on wearing an indigo blue top from Gypsy 05 with a matching indigo blue knee-length ruffled skirt. On her feet were a pair of ballet flats with indigo blue stones. Around her neck, on a long silver chain, she wore a medium shaped silver butterfly pendant with indigo blue rhinestones on the wings and matching earrings at her earlobes. Around her wrist, there was a silver and indigo blue stoned bracelet with a matching ring on her middle finger.

Wren pulled her hair back with silver butterfly combs that matched her jewelry, the ice blonde tresses hanging freely down her back to her waist. She walked over to the vanity table and sat down on the cushioned stool. She carefully applied silver eyeshadow to her eyelids and mascara to her eyelashes. She applied a layer of clear, blueberry-scented lip gloss to her lips and was done.

Wren walked out of the bedroom and into the sitting room just as Rhys closed his book. He looked up at her and took in her appearance.

"You look nice today," he spoke with a soft smile that lit up his coal-black eyes.

She smiled back at him warmly. "Thank you."

They both walked out of the room and down the corridor to the staircase together.

"Have you decided on what you are going to say to Aro about his proposition?" Rhys asked her suddenly.