❄ 17 ❄️ Powers ❄️

17 ❄️ Powers

Volturi Castle
Tuesday, February 15, 2007

Wren was standing in the center of the throne room, surrounded by all eighteen members of the Volturi guard. Aro, Caius, Marcus, and the two remaining wives, Sulpicia and Athenadora, were all sitting on the throned dais, watching with impassive features and cool but interesting cloudy, ruby-red eyes.

"We will begin with the lesser powers first." Aro began in a jovial voice. "Corin, if you please."

A young woman around nineteen years of age with long brown hair and deep, ruby-red eyes danced forward unexpectedly. Corin acknowledged her masters with a formal curtsy and turned a kind smile onto Wren. She smiled politely back at the vampire girl as her power clicked into place in the back of her mind and her eyes shifted from ice blue to frosty white right before everyone's eyes.

Addictive Contentment. Addictive Contentment is the special ability to make a person feel content about his or her situation.

A wave of contentment and happiness drifted over Wren suddenly, like a warm summer breeze, making her feel extremely giddy. Corin smiled at her excitedly and she grinned back at her. Wren pushed the power back at her and the vampire girl started giggling all of the sudden. Wren released an unladylike snort suddenly and bit her lower lip to keep her laughter inside. Aro clapped his hands enthusiastically as the guards all gaped at Wren and the still giggling Corin.

A giggle slipped through Wren's attempt to keep quiet and she snorted again as she took in all of their comical expressions which sent Corin into another fit of giggles.

"Excelente!" Aro said gleefully as he beamed down at Wren from his throne. "Next."

A tall, handsome man around twenty-eight years of age sauntered forwards and took Corin's place across from Wren as she melted into the background.

"Hey. I'm Eadgar." he greeted her in a deep baritone, winking at me playfully. "Nice tattoo."

Wren flushed heatedly as his power clicked into place in her mind as Corin's did before.

X-Ray Vision. The ability to see through solid matter.

"Thank you," she replied uncomfortably.

"Molto bene. Next," said Aro.

Eadgar nodded his head to Wren before walking over to stand beside Corin, who took his large hand into her much smaller one as she smiled sweetly up at him. He smiled back at her as he kissed the back of her knuckles. Wren turned her frosty white eyes away from the happy couple as Demetri walked forward to stand before her. He regarded her with cool dark, ruby-red eyes and then turned his attention to Aro.

"I'm afraid that Demetri is a Tracker, mi care," Aro informed her softly, his milky red eyes full of intrigue.