❄ 25 ❄ The Return Of Lady Amarythia And Lord Asklepios ❄

Note: So you have already met the Harry gang and got reacquainted with the Twilight gang, and new characters, and plenty more will be coming. Today I am writing about the Greek gods.

R.K. Stewarttson

25 ❄ The Return Of Lady Amarythia And Lord Asklepios

Mount Olympus, Greece
Thursday, April 14, 2017

Lady Artemis, the Greek goddess of the Hunt, Wilderness, Wild Animals, Virginity, The Moon, Delivery, raced through the wilderness around her home, Mount Olympus, chasing after a wild boar she would love to leave for the poor villagers in Macedonia. She paused to pull her golden bow and one of the dozen golden arrows from its quiver across her back. As she passed silently through the surrounding brush, a small sound attracted her attention. She stopped abruptly, the hem of the white tunic she wore brushing against the tops of her knees. Artemis listened intently and the sound came again.

She turned and ran silently towards the sound. As she neared a large clearing, she peered through the tree leaves and spotted a small child curled against the face of a cliff, wailing softly. She moved silently closer to the clearing, pausing behind a line of trees that lined the clearing. She could not be seen by a mere mortal, even though he was nothing but a child. A rustling sound came from a bush nearest to the cliff wall and the boy's head snapped up, his eyes wide with a mixture of awe and fear as a large Brown Bear stumbled into the clearing.

The child pressed back into the rock as the beast lifted its large muzzle in the air, sniffing at the wind. He whimpered in fright and the large animal turned its head in his direction, a low growl rumbling within its chest. The beast began to rise onto its hindquarters and stalk towards the child. With her heart pounding painfully inside of her chest and knowing that Lady Hera would never forgive her if she left the Mortal child to die, Artemis knocked the arrow in the bow and then aimed it at the beast. The child released a strangled cry of fear and covered his eyes with shaking hands as the beast ambled closer to him.

She released the taut string and the arrow whistled silently through the trees behind which she was hidden, shining brighter and brighter the further it flew. She whispered a quick word of prayer to the gods as the arrow struck its mark, tearing clean through fur and muscle and straight into the heart. The beast released a deafening roar of pain as it crumpled to the ground, dead. The child peeked from between his fingers, staring, wide-eyed, at the dead beast. He watched, stunned, as the golden arrow glowed brightly before disappearing into thin air.

Artemis slung the bow back into place on her back as the loose arrow reappeared in the quiver with the others and turned to walk away.

"Thank you." The boy whispered in quiet gratitude.

She paused and turned back towards the clearing. 

"You are welcome, child," she replied softly before sprinting off into the forest.

Artemis paused beside a slow running stream deep within the forest and knelt down to drink the cool, clear water. There was a soft fluttering of wings and she whirled about, pulling her dagger from the sheath on her belt, only to see Lord Hermes, the Greek god of Travel, Roads, Thievery, Merchants, Athletics, Travelers and the Messenger of the gods, standing behind her. He grinned at her, eyeing the dagger in calm nonchalance.