Chapter 25

They march forward daringly but each step they took the burning sensation spread throughout my chest. I stared emotionless at Duke Lucas body, the very remorseful look on his cold face brought me to anger.

His betrayal, not to me but to his people.

I felt my power swore in my being as if asking for permission to be released. I thought of a metal tinted glass with a switch, I placed my power in the glass as I did I felt the tingle in one hands but it spread to one part of my body.

I felt Vixton release my hand, hearing him hissed from the slight burn of my skin. I thought of a faucet, slowly turning its handle as I did that I turned my overheated hand in their direction. I heard the sudden stop of some but they continue their deadly steps so I turn on the faucet controlling my flames in one place.

The deadly screams mimicked the open air, confirmingI had done it.

I close my palm the satisfaction on my face as I turn to Vixton, his eyes steel of cold but he had a smirk on his lips. I know what he is doing blocking out the emotions, after all there is a time and place for everything. 

I turned looking ahead at path the ashes cover the pavement as the other men fall back in shock  as horror covering their faces. It was only for a millisecond, the raw war cry came in all direction, with one shift move Vixton toss a dagger in my open palm. 

This wasn't my first time in battle and surely it will be the last for them, for all. The men stormed at us at full speed, I dodge their blades as well as the arrows being fired. I swiftly grab hold of one countering with my dagger slicing his throat before he slashed, he fall to the ground as he choked on his blood. 

It didn't end there more came my way slashing wildly with their blades, I skillfully dance along with my hands in tow with the dagger avoiding yet defending. I kick his foot from under him as I stabbed close to his heart, not wasting no time as I toss myself  back before the sword could reach me. I glared at the man his deformed face dripping with blood.

Suddenly an arrow strike the man before me, I placed my guard up. My eyes following where it came from, I saw Vixton snap a man's neck his face bloodied but he followed my action also.

Silence came around us as if all stand still at this very moment but it caught us by surprise as even more arrows came flying I tried avoiding the attack. Taking a dead body in order to cover myself as the bodies hit the ground in tow of the arrows striking its victim.

Sudden war cries alarmed through the open-air, as the multiple footsteps follow in tow. John came in view as the numerous soldiers follow suit It and beside them was a battle ready Stella and Alison. It came as a joyous moment but it was soon ruin when a sword passed my face.

I stood up to my feet throwing the body to the ground, my eyes met the dark ones of death himself, "I'm getting tired of you bitch" he said, the voice menacing he didn't hold back in one swift movement he lodges at me, I barely dodge his sword. I hurridly grab a sword matching his stance. 

Equally equipped as I look in his death fill eyes "funny I was thinking the same thing" I glared as I lodged at him, metal hitting metal. The forest floor was tainted in blood the rancid smell of blood filled my senses, as I strike him with every blow. This guy could put up a fight with the horror cries of pain around me, my eyes were only focused on my enemy. 

In the corner of eyes, I saw the succubus, the vixen clearly hungry for blood has she target Vixton. Ripping the organs out of anyone that blocked her path.

I aimed fast the heat in my hand burned as I strike a fake right bringing my hand to the left; he blocks my attack, hitting the hedge of his sword on my back. I landed on my knees, shuddering from painful blow in my back. I could feel the silly satisfied smirk on his lips,  he lifted his sword attempting to strike me when I was down. He fumbled at my quick movement but he held his ground. 

I held my sword firmly the heat from my hand release on the blade of the sword; It didn't cause the sword to melt. The blue flame dance on the blade at this point, my flame dance along with my hands, burning the outer layer of my clothes. I didn't waste time running with speed, jumping in mid air, striking my blade down. I brought my sword down attempting to cut through the blade as he blocked my attack. The blade began to break as he fell to his knees, his hands bruised from the impact. Suddenly his blade shattered as I didn't hold back cutting deeper in his skin, his arm down his shoulder. The flames were consuming him, nevertheless I had to end this.

The horror cry from his lips told me I couldn't give up now, with his final cry ashes remain as his head fell to the pit of ashes. 

"death be with you, death"

I  didn't waste time I hurriedly raced across to where Vixton was but two soldiers came in my way. I step into a jump, landing steadily on their shoulders as my hand release the fire, I flipped as their cry began to die down. An arrow flew pass my head before I could move, my eyes landed on the evil himself. Although there was something off about him, his eyes morph into black globes the thirst for blood clear in his eyes, as his body rip transforming into a monster.

A gasp escapes my mouth to what stood before me.