Chapter 18

The smell of ancient medicine fills my nose, a strange smell I pick up quickly I felt stiff my limbs, especially my legs, hurt I couldn't open my eyes either, but I felt the intense pain. That one pain that stayed at one spot, as if teasing my very leg in its fiery hold.

The sound of footsteps and a door opening came to my ears. As if drums approaching the footsteps reverted to their sounds, it stopped it was still for a moment. The anticipation of opening my eyes came stronger, then the chill of icy hands touch my sensitive skin.

At that moment I wish I could move its strange how my mind still functions, but my body feels to have no power as if a force held my body down. It brought a spark in the back of my mind to the fear of being overpowered, flashes of memories race behind my eyes, unfamiliar and unreachable.

"Don't worry dear?" the voice said it sounded much older, maybe a lady in her late 70. "you'll be able to move soon," she said, it was both a relief and my confusion got even more strain. It didn't settle the thoughts racing of what I was feeling the intense fear in my mind becoming stronger as if on point my body moves a shake overcomes my form 'what is happening to me?' I tried to word but failed it became harder to move my form but then it stopped. my very being becomes still lifeless.

I felt my eyes open but I couldn't see, darkness blocked my view consuming my sight forming it as its own, but the hands that were placed on my stomach moved like a magic switch bright light soar into my sights but I could see the wooden form of a seeling came in view, I lift my arms gently up acknowledging I could move.

"You gave me a scare there dear", the voice said I turn to look for the source of which it came but to my surprise, it wasn't an old lady it was more of a young-looking woman, I did a double-take wondering if I was seeing right "usually my powers wouldn't work to that length," she said an again to confirm my curiosity, she got up from her seat fixing her disheveled blond hair in a messy bun, I remain silent watching her every move.

"I know you may be wondering who am I," she said now standing near the window across from the makeshift bed I was placed on, before I could say anything she began to speak again "but before that let's see how your friend is doing" shock overtook my form my very being forgetting the one person who I couldn't get off my mind, I got up thus fast off the bed but when my feet hit the ground, my feet gave way I heard a shocking shriek came from across the room.

I felt hands lifting my body "you keep scaring me child" she said helping me into a stand supporting my body, how did she get over here so fast the question settling on my mind but I leave it. exiting the room, the wooden walls brought out a cozy feel. The flashes of memories race across my mind pain shoot through my skull, I stopped moving the pain intensity with each step I took hands came over my hands holding my head, "are you okay" she whispers looking at me with knitted brows showing her evidence of worry. The only thing I could do was nod my head slowly make sure not to add on to the pain.

She took my hand strolling across the wooden attire of the house. I didn't understand why the pain keeps appearing with unknown memories I still try to fight against the pain, we came to a stop in front of a wooden door before it could open I already know by the medical and strong smell of medicines that this was the room.

With a slight tug on the handle it opened, my nose burns with the strong herbs place across the room, a gasp escape my lips tears coming to my eyes. I took slow steps like if any faster I would fall, I came face to face his bandage body running along every inch of his chest he was on his back eyes tightly closed skin even paler if that was possible. I couldn't stand any longer falling to my knees I allow the already falling tears to flow even more sobs rake through my voice melting away my last strength.

I found you guys nearby" I barely heard her over my sobs her soft voice coming to my ears forcing them to listen "you guys were in bad shape, I couldn't leave you out there" he continued standing now in front of the bed "I did everything I could" placing her hands on my shoulder she snoops down to my level "he's in stable condition, so don't worry too much" her words brought hope to be a little hope of what I felt deep down I was the blame to all these things every single thing is my fault.

She held my shoulders firmer at that point I somewhat felt secure like all the bad of this mess-up world vanish. "Child I sense something great within you" she began to speak lifting my chin up to face her " I can help", she released my chin bringing herself to a stand "I don't know you, why would you help me" I spoke finding my voice hoarse to my ears, it physically hurts to endure the pain in my heart hurts more I know deep down she wants to help and honestly I'm drained.

"I'm Stella as others call me the outcast witch," she said proudly but the bitterness didn't hide. It sounded like hatred I wanted to ask why but the look in her eyes refrain me from asking. "Well, aren't you gonna tell.me your name" she said teasingly, I gave a quick apology "I'm Cleo, you can call me Cleo" I said awkwardly trying to find the volume in my voice.