Chapter 23

"Don't run Cleo" the little boy said chasing me to slow down.

"Keep up slow poke" I said feeling the wind through my hair. The forest was silent the wind begin the only source of sound.

I heard the foot steps getting closer as I hid behind a tree.

"Cleo where did you go" Vix said worriness playing on his voice. A giggle escape pass my lips, he sounded like a worry parent.

He stood a few feet away from where I was hiding. I giggle a little under my breath as I charge towards him " VIX" I yell but before he could react I landed on him.

"Cleo are you crazy" he said  flabbergasted as he gently held me close to his chest, as for me I was a laughing disaster " you should have seen your face" I try to say between my laughing "price less". I felt his chest move the soft chuckle coming from his lips left me wanting more.

My little hands touch his chest "I love when you laugh Vix" I said my words stopping his laughter, a pink tint over his cheeks. "How can a six year old have this effect on me" his words soft but I heard him.

"Vix could I see your teeth again" he nervously scratched his head while I had this goofy smile on my lips "aren't you scared Cleo" he whispered, holding me tightly to his chest I shook my head dismissing his words.

"I'm going to your wife, can't be scared of you Vix" I said proudly as I saw his cheek glow a bright pink, for a ten year old he could blush.

He moved his lips up showing his teeth I gently touch them as his eyes watch my movement. All the while my eyes glow in admiration, and some what love
/\/\//////\//\\\\\\\///////////\\/\/\////\//\/\\\\\//\///\\\

My body felt heavy, as if I was replace for a rock. My entire being burn in pain, I couldn't think straight; the very reality of this cause more pain to appear.

My eyes open the burning of my skin became more irritating than the pain along my body. I gasped for no words could describe what I saw before my eyes.

Its like a wildfire took place the area around me was engulfed in the flood of flames. I look down at my hands the dying flame became clear to me but I couldn't stop the silent tears from flowing.

Vixton....

My mind panic to him, I hurriedly look around me ignoring the mess.

"Vixton" I yelled all the while tears flow down my face "Vixton where are you" I scream louder feeling the strength leave as fall to my knees.

What have I done? with blurry vision I looked at my hands cursing myself under my breath. The ashes falling gently on my palm made me even more angry.

I didn't know how long I stayed like that until the sound of coughing reach my ears. My heart race in joy as I look infront of completely drench from head to toe he walk slowly towards me. I stood to my feet automatically running towards him, undoubtedly crying harder.

I jump in his arms, completely wrapping in his arms "Vixton, oh my god" the tears keep flowing down as I pulled him tighter. The groan of pain cause me to release him, I forgot he was injured "I'm sorry" I whispered  softly as pulled away slowly. The slightest of blush came across his pale skin as he took off his wet shirt throwing it to me. I stood confuse for a while before it struke me that I was naked. How haven't I notice this, I felt  my cheeks heat up from my embarrassment, clearly I was more worried for him than myself.

"I knew something was up" I look at him as he stood at the stop where I was not too long ago. "How so" I said completely ignoring the wetness of his shirt as I watched him search in the ash of his once mother, to think of it he's not affected by the whole situation.

He stood up finding a black ruby in the ash "She didn't seem like normal" he turn to me "this wasn't my mother she never wore these and she would never leave the territory for she can contact with through her magic" He said I stare baffled at the ruby his words spoke a lot. This ruby was enchanted from dragons blood that can clone anything and anyone. I saw that he place the ruby in a small compartment of his belt.

"Then why did you play along with it" I said before I could stop myself, honestly the answer was clear. He stared for a while whether to answer me or not "It would be complicated if they knew that I know already" he turn in the direction of the path we were on "lets continue our travel before night fall, its time to end this shit" he said a glint of anger behind his eyes.

I guess the monster wants to play hard.

Sorry that this chapter is short

Leave a comment

Thank you for reading