Chapter 12

The darkness, the tall overgrown trees found my vision, a wasteland of nearly nothing left but the stench of death. "He did this," the mutters didn't go unheard, as Cleo was gazing upon the very view of destruction in front of her eyes. "Why?" she whispered the lonely word not directed to anyone but to what she's seeing. The ghostly symbols cover the outskirts of broken buildings. It was a warning fading to have failed the person who once lived.

Vixton came closer standing at her side, mind full of anger "He was searching for you" his words darkly said, dripping from his lips, causing the ignite of fear to slowly descend on her stomach but quickly vanish.

Turning to the vampire she steps forward slowly giving space "why are you helping me" her voice is more determined than before he captures her with a fist tighten at her side. She glared at him.

"Was that the reason you held me against my will" she spoke tune rising at each word.

She was prone to protection all her life, all her life she was hidden from the tragedy she didn't remember. Before he could answer her, the sounds of shouting and running from a distance caught their attention. Vixton wasted no time in running with his speed and holding on her hand tightly, they didn't seem to slow down.

Vixton whispered a spell under his breath the winds began to be a part of them swirling before shallowing them within the air to an unknown destination.

The cloud of dizziness slowly disappears as the hands of Vixton pull her to her feet, just as before she was curiously gazing at the new surroundings. This one mainly seems to lack the touch of a human presence and untouched it seems from everything in years.

"Where are we," her very voice a silent whisper scared to stain the air of less of a single sound. The deafening silence rang the life of death to the ear "welcome to the lost city of villas", his tone spoke many words pain falling behind unexpectedly her heart clench but it slowly disappears. She knew nothing of her surroundings the words said were frightening.

Lost in her thought, the vampire slowly began to make his way through the city, unbothered.

Cleo fall slowly behind, each building looks as if it will soon fall to its destruction. She never once caught the eerie glimpse of anything lost but as well found, the king came to a stop at an old building in the middle of the city the very formation as if a packhouse then it finally clicks we are in the very realm of werewolves the soft flowing wind made my thought came alive as the very smell of wolves life vanishing slowly.

Vixton hasn't said a word, honestly, she didn't mind the guy must be going through a war in his own mind. He pushes his way through the front door of the house; Cleo looks around one more time at the isolated land, it's beautiful, but it gave off a creepy vibe. Ignoring her thoughts she moved forward following slowly behind him, the front door of the building seems made of steel doors that are intact, only see these when the kingdoms are at war. A slight shiver ran along the curve of her back the whole thought of war clawing the insides of her failure as a ruler, she marks out the image of the kingdom looking down at her weakness, the sole reason she wanted to protect the people giving them hope every day but she...

The opening of the door draws her from the excuse for thoughts. Vixton came to his face constricted of confusion, she too looks at him with the same intact feeling then it hits. I've been standing by the door just staring, I must look crazy. "I'm... sorry", she said the words sounding so foreign to her ears. He nods his head, moving out of the door to make way for her to enter.

Her heart clenches at the insides making it even more clear that no one was here for years, Cleo turns her head seeing Vixton already looking at her. Her question clear on my face "I'll tell you later" he said this tone held the waves of not arguing with him.

He walked away, his whole poster held a dark glow.

But she knew it must be of the event that occurs and still occurring she must add.