Chapter 36: Remembering is like a Curse

He takes another step forward and he's barely two feet away from me now. Devon puts my head back on the ground and stands up face to face with my father. "Don't you dare hurt her." Devon hisses.

"You can't tell me what to do, boy." My father replies evilly. He raises his fist and hits Devon right across the jaw. I scream out and Devon barely flinches. He's holding his mouth in pain, though.

"Devon." i say. "Ignore him."

My father heard what i said and he cocks his eyebrow at my fiance. "Are you the one her got her pregnant?"

"No."

"Than what are you to her?" Devon frowns and glares at my father. "I'm engaged to her."

My father lightly laughs evilly and looks at Devon his eyes sinking on my father's like he will tear him to sheds. "Engaged!!?!?!?? To this poor thing? Ha! I laugh at that. Boy, you don't even know my daughter!! And I certainly don't approve of your guys engagement."

Devon smirks and looks at my father, his face right by my dads. "We don't need your blessing and we definitely don't need your advice!!!!" Devon hissed at him.

An I chimed in, "Yea! That's right!! We don't need your advice or approval. So get to why you brung us here, so we can get the fuck out of here!!!"

"I just wanted to have subtle conversations with you." my father says. He turns around to face D. "You can leave. Lock the door behind you."

D nods and exits the dark room, closing and locking the door behind him. I don't feel safe. I've never felt safe with this man. He's lied to me and betrayed me so many times. I don't even get why he claims he's my father-he was never a father to me.

Devon stands in front of me, still face to face with my dad.

"Now son." my father wheezes into Devon's face. "Would you please step away so i can talk with my daughter. I could make you." He gives my fiance a glare and i can feel the tension in the air. I know that Devon doesn't want to move. He wants to make sure that my father won't make any moves and hurt me.

Devon backs away from my evil father, but still stands by me in case my father does anything unexpected. His hands are balled into fists and his knuckles are turning white. I can sense the anger boiling inside of him.

My father takes a small step forward with a smug look on his face. "Now, sweetie, won't you tell me who did this to you?" he asks, holding his hands in front of him. He's trying to make himself appear normal to me. He's was supposed to be dead, but here he is, alive and breathing. Alive and out for revenge, but for who?

"Brandon." i say, knowing that the name will ring a bell in my father's mind. "He's dead."