Chapter 15: Explosive Box

Destiny's POV:

"Are we almost there?" I ask like a little kid going on vacation or going for a long drive.

"Yeah." Devon starts. "A few more minutes."

My forehead hurts from my head staying leaned against the glass, but that's not what I'm worried about right now.

Will I really be safe? Am I going to be hidden away from them?

"What's that?" Rachel asks, standing between the two front seats and looking out at the road we're driving on. "There's something in the middle of the road."

"I don't know." Devon puts his foot on the breaks and turns the car off.

He hops out of the car and I do the same and we head toward the thing in the road and examine it..as if it was something bad.

"What is it??" I ask, feeling my stomache begin to twist inside of me.

"It's a box." Devon says getting closer to the object. "there's a note on it." He walks all the way over to the box and lifts the note off of it and starts to read. "we need to get back in the car. They know where we're going."

I look into his eyes and stare for a minute then I walk up behind him and read the note. "We should back away from the box." I say then back up like 10 feet, but Devon doesn't.

The box explodes.