Chapter 7: Escape

Then a trigger is pulled.

Devon grabs his arm, and I instantly notice that the bad odor guy shot the guy who I had feelings for. Or am having feelings for. I jump out from behind the couch, and rage is burning threw me.

I jump onto of the man, and start beating him up. He grabs me by the arm and swings me around to the front of him, and instantly I feel like I'm in trouble.

I kick him in every place possible, and send him to the ground, but his grip still on me. I pull away from him, making him lose his grip. And Devon starts kicking the man on the ground.

"Run!" He yells, and we start to take off. But part of me is saying to go back, and fight with Devon. Was that wrong? I was growing closer and closer to him, and I didn't know why.

When getting out the front door, with Rachel, and Molly following, and notice that the other guys were awake now. They ran out the front door, trying to gain on our trails. But I forced myself to run, and pushed myself.

"Come on! I'm not going back! I'm NOT going back!" I cheered myself along and the more I did, the faster I ran. Leaving the guys falling behind. But with Rachel, and Molly still caught up to me.

As we ran out the front door I turned around with tears flying behind me and the guys were catching up with us. Molly and Rachel kept running, but never looked back to see me stop.

I take one breath in and run as fast as I can towards the house and pass by all of the guys. They watch me pass them as I get through the front door to see Devon get beaten to death by the man. He doesn't see me come in, so I bolt right up behind him and jump on him so he tumbles onto the ground. I pin him to the floor so his hands don't move, smashing his face against the dusty floor.

I look around for the gun that this man shot Devon with and it's lying right next to Devon who is losing blood. "I need to do this quickly." I think with tears dripping down my face and onto the dirty man’s shirt.

I reach over, grab the gun, put it up to the man's head underneath me and put my finger on the trigger. "This is for Devon." I say through my teeth.

Then I pull the trigger and he's dead.

I get off Smelly, and keel down by Devon, "It's going to be okay. I'm not going to let you leave me." I say to him, not knowing whether he's still conscious or not... I patch up his wounds, with some old rags I found in the bathroom. "Don't worry Devon; I'm going to get you help."

"Don't worry Devon; I'm going to get you help." Kyle, the sarcastic and heartless one out of all the other guys, mocked. "Please, with the state he's in he'd be lucky to get through the day without being killed by one of us."

He stood by the door, with two other guys standing by him, chuckling by his comment. I glared at them, wanting to attack them; but three against one I know I'd get murdered.

"I'm not going to let you hurt him," I say, drawing my gun on Kyle and putting my other hand behind me on Devon.

"You want to play it that way. Fine!" He yells, and draws out his gun, when taking it out of his pants.

I snarl at him, but I wasn't going down. Not without a fight.

I keep the gun pointed at Kyle while I cover Devon's wound.

Breathing in deeply and out then I turn my head back at Kyle. "You will not touch him." I say while watching Kyle's face turn red.

"You can't tell me what to do." He says then approaches me but before he can reach me and Devon I pull the trigger and the bullet goes straight into his heart and he collapses. The gun he was holding drops to the ground and I stretch my arm out grab it and put my finger on the trigger.

"You touch him, I’ll pull the trigger." I say sternly.

Devon gets onto his feet and stumbles over a few feet and grabs the keys to the van out front. I keep the guns positioned at the two guy’s heads while Devon and I walk out of the house.

We get into the van, and I keep my guns drawn on the guys, until we drive away. Then when we approach Rachel, and Molly with the white van, I get out and draw the guns to the other guys who are inching their way to Rachel, who looks like she is about to collapse onto the ground, because she's out of breath.

"You touch her, and I'll shoot." I say sternly, and keep my guns pointed at them.

Brandon, the guy who showed me Devon's phone, and comforted me, slowly stepped closer to me, and said, "Destiny, don't you remember when I was there for you, when you needed someone. When Devon wasn't there, I was. I showed you all his secrets that he hid from you on his cell phone, and now you're saving him? He's going to take advantage of you, sooner or later, and you don't even realize it. He doesn’t care about you!"

All the things he's saying was true, Devon did keep things from me, and Brandon was there. Everything he said was true. Every word he said, only lingered in my head, like an echo.

I think about everything that has happened to me so far, and then I lose control of my hands. One gun is pointed at Brandon's head and one is pointed at Devon. "Tell me the truth or I’ll pull both of these triggers."

"Brandon is lying." Devon says holding his arm in pain. "It the drugs talking."

"Brandon." I say. "Come here."

he walks over to me with his arms positioned as he would if he were surrendering, then I take a big breath in through my nose and the smell of smoke, alcohol and broken pills surrounds him.

Rachel and Molly hop into the back of the truck then I move my arm that's pointed at Devon up to the other guys. "You all lie." I pull the triggers on both of my guns multiple times until all of the guys are lying on the ground dead.

I jump into the van, and Devon does as well, and I throw the guns into the glove compartment of the van, and rest my head on the window of the passenger seat.

I think about everything that's happened, and I start to think that I'm now finally free. But something still drifted over me, and held a bad vibe; like everything wasn't over, not yet.

I close my eyes, and drift off into another world. Thinking about everything that happened, I realize that I am now a murderer, because I have now killed more than one person.

My head was spinning, and I was hoping that what I had done was the right thing, but I knew it wasn't over. Something was sure to come, but I wasn’t sure what.