Chapter 34: First Date

Começar do início

Two Hours Later...

Bryan pushed open the door.

"Do you still want to go eat at that place over there?" He asked pointing at a restaurant that was across the street from the theatre.

"Sure." We walked down the sidewalk heading to the restaurant. 

"So what did you think of the movie?" I asked.

"It was good. I just can't get over that her mom lied to her about being sick."

"I know. I can't get over that either." I said as we crossed the street.

"I'm sorry I made you watch a romantic drama." I said.

"I said any movie and it wasn't bad." He replied opening the door to the restaurant.

"Sticking to your guns. I like that." I said going inside. It's such a nice night out so we asked to sit on the patio. String lights were strung across the patio lighting it up.

"Your server will be right with you." The hostess said before returning inside.

"Thank you."

This place kind of reminds me of that restaurant Harry and I went to on Santa Monica Pier.

'It was nice. There was a nice view of the beach, and there were lights strung along    the patio. We were seated by the railing sitting across from each other.

"This is really nice." I said.

"Yeah, beautiful." Harry said looking at me.'

Thinking of Harry right now gave me this sinking feeling in my stomach. I felt it all over my body. Maybe it's my heart breaking more and more.

"Are you okay?" Bryan asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh...yeah. Sorry. Did you say something?" I asked.

"I was saying I can't believe the season is almost over."

"Three games left then State Cup. It's hard to believe it will all be over."

The waitress came over to take our drink order.

15 Minutes Later...

"The ball ricocheted right off his back and I blasted it in the net. He had no idea until he turned around that we got a goal." I said remembering a goal I got a couple games ago.

"That was a nice goal." He replied.

"I told you back in indoor to try playing up in the spring. Look at you now you're one of the best midfielders on the team." I remember him telling me that back in indoor.

"You should really try playing forward if there's an outdoor team in the spring." Bryan said.

"I don't know. Who are you going to bother back on defense then if I move up?"

"Oh I'm still going to bother you don't you worry." He replied.

"Oh Bryan this is Harry. Harry this is-"

Stop. I got to stop thinking about Harry.

"You can stop flirting with me now." I said replying to his 'one of the best midfielders on the team' comment. He chuckled.

"I mean it. You read that field better than anyone out there. You're a fast runner and have a h*ll of a kick." I blushed.

"Thanks but seriously we're already on a date. You can stop."

"So this is a date." He said with a smile.

"You asked me out!" I chuckled.

"Speaking of indoor. I must be an idiot. You introduce me to THE Harry Styles and it didn't even hit me until the other day when I was watching James Corden that it was him. How do you know him?" He asked. So much for trying to stop thinking about Harry.

"It's kinda funny. I literally ran into him in LA a few years ago and we just hit it off. Been friends ever since. If it's okay though I don't really want to talk about him."

"He's the guy isn't he?" He asked. I hesitantly nodded.

"Wow. No pressure." He replied.

"Don't be. Bryan, I like you for you. That's why I'm here." I said.

"I like you too." He replied making me smile.

One Hour Later...

The rest of dinner went really well. This honestly felt like a real first date. It's nice talking to someone who's at the same point in life as I am. It was nice being in public and not having to worry about being spotted. It feels kinda weird. Once Bryan was in the driveway, he turned the car off.

"This was really nice, Bryan. Thank you for putting up with my movie choice and for dinner."

"It was-" My phone started ringing. I quickly looked to see who it was...

I tapped the remind me button so it would stop ringing.

"I better go in before my Dad sends out a search party." I said making Bryan chuckle.

"I guess I'll see you Sunday then."

"Sounds good." I said putting my hand on the door handle.

"Night."

"Night." He replied. I opened the door getting out. I closed it then headed to house. The door was unlocked so I pushed it open then closed and locked it. I took my phone out from my back pocket to see:

Missed Call - Harry

So much for giving me time, Styles.

Next Day...

I've been fighting with myself all morning and most of last night trying to figure out whether or not I should call Harry back. He didn't leave a voicemail, which makes me curious. I sat outside on the deck staring at my phone that was on the table in front of me. My head's telling me not to call him, but my heart is telling me otherwise. Just do it so I can get it over with. I picked up my phone unlocking it then went into my missed calls. I hesitantly pressed on his name then put my phone  up to my ear. It started to ring. I can't do th-

"Sam"

Let me know what you think in the Comments! :)

Please Comment & Vote!