Chapter 56

Chapter 56

The month of December passed by with the Bundela family consulting their family doctor, who confirmed the presence of PTSD disease in Vihaan for the past three years. The doctor also informed them that Vihaan was under his treatment and had been taking medicines to cure himself of the disease. Though he was improving drastically over his health in the past few months, an another sudden shock coming from Sanchi triggered the situation for the worse.

Ten days later, Vihaan was brought back home in a little better condition than before. Though his proper treatment was on the run, he started being selective for choosing people around him. He chose to spend most of his time in the workroom and started attending the bureau soon after. His doctor had strictly prohibited his family from reminding him of his disease anytime. He was on medication and required to lead a stress free life, or else the symptoms would keep coming back to him.

Moreover, the return of Sanchi in his life was necessary to completely cure him of the ailment, which was by far one of the most difficult tasks that was yet to be performed by his family. Informing Sanchi about everything would mean disobeying Vihaan's orders to them, who had strictly forbidden his family from letting her know anything about him.

Vihaan's fingers ran over the swirls of a five feet clay structure, the somber yellow paste cladded on his fingers and palms. As he worked his skills in creating a masterpiece of a statue in his workroom, images of the love of his life continued ruining his thoughts. Imparting shape to the portion above the neck wasn't easy, and as he raked his fingers through the outline of the face, he continued whistling to himself.

Protruding chin, dimpled cheeks and narrow forehead, the smooth jawline of the statue looked perfectly carved by his gifted hands. With each passing minute, the half-completed statue was growing into a beautiful sculpture of a young lady. As Vihaan's hands put the last stroke of his skills in bringing life to the sharp eyes of it, he heaved a satisfied sigh.

"You look alive and so near me, hickory!" was all Vihaan could murmur by glancing at the masterpiece he had just created. He moved aside and covered his creativity with a red velvet cloth, doing away with the leftovers of clay. In a couple of minutes, he was out of his workroom and locked the metal door behind him.

As Vihaan walked his way along the corridor to reach his own room to get ready for the bureau, he was stopped by Dheeraj, who came running to him. "Hey little brother, I won't be going to the bureau now. Somebody attacked Shaurya in his room last night and I need to check on him once."

"Is he alright?" Vihaan asked, getting suddenly concerned for his best friend.

"Nothing has happened to him except for some accidental bruises. I'll know more after visiting him."

"Right brother, I'll also be joining you to go to their house. I'll be back in ten minutes and we'll leave together." Vihaan disappeared into his room in a few seconds. The calmness and coldness in his voice were something very new that he had recently developed, which was drastically different for the 'Vihaan' the world had ever known. Sanchi's exit from his life had completely devastated and changed him for the worse and for the better respectively.

As Vihaan was getting ready in his formal attire, wearing his vests and khaki shirt wasn't easy for him. The tattoo of Sanchi's face was glistening above his chest more than before, occupying the outer walls of his heart like a permanent scar which could never be erased.

It took him more than five minutes to button up his shirt as beads of perspiration appeared on his forehead. The heaviness of his eyes and the dullness in his voice were very painful to look at. The absence of Sanchi had emptied every rough attitude he had ever possessed in his cop life.