Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sanchi spent the whole of the next day crying, lonely and devastated to the extent that she hadn't even moved out of her dark room. The only job that she possessed was no more with her, the bank had rejected paying her a loan and she had to forcefully push Vihaan to leave Ujjain without solving her case.

It was six o'clock in the evening when the bell to her cellphone rang all of a sudden. Wiping the salty liquid off her cheeks, she scanned her eyes through the unknown number flashing on the bright screen. With trembling fingers, she sweeped her thumb across it.

Before she could mumble anything over the phone call, a hoarse voice radiated into her ear. "Is that you, Miss. Editor?"

The gap of her eyelids widened when she whispered, a little scared of the person on the other end, "Who are...are you, Mister?"

She heard the man's sarcastic laugh. "Haven't you really registered my unforgettable voice in that tiny brain of yours?"

It was not impossible anymore for Sanchi to realize as to who he was. He was the only person who had always teased her for possessing a tiny brain.

"Vih-aan?" Sanchi whispered.

"Vihaan Sir." He corrected her.

Sanchi took a couple of seconds to react to what he said when Vihaan added again, "If you think I've loads of time to waste on you, then you are wrong. Whenever I talk to you, I need immediate answers."

She affixed her lips together to construct answers mentally for him. She then replied in a staunch manner, "Aren't you was-ting too much of your time by pull-ing and stretch-ing some unnece-ssary tittle-tattle like a bubble gum? I don't expect you to corr-ect me at this hour of the eve-ning. I'm sorry but I am busier than the busy smart-ness in you."

"So I take it that you've already solved your endangered case using the busiest tiny brain of the world?" Vihaan remarked gravely as he stretched himself on the chair to his personal workroom.

"That's none of your busi-ness. If you've called for some-thing utmost nece-ssary, buzz it quick-ly and fly off bef-ore any crow pecks on you," Sanchi directed in an annoyed voice.

"Are your words comparing me to buzz and fly like a bee?" Vihaan was gaping with the not-so-humble description of himself.

"Bumble bee." This time she corrected him sternly.

"I'm trying to be nice with you, which I really don't do often with women. You should at least be grateful that I called you to forward my helping hand to you." Vihaan frowned his forehead in annoyance.

"Then I'm tell-ing you in a short and sweet way. Blurt out what-ever you want to in a single sen-tence and put the damn phone on hold," Sanchi uttered in the most humble way she could. At least he must be able to feel it over the call.

"Your annoyance speaks volumes, do you know it really?" He continued with his silly rantings.

"Yes, only till the time your voice is aud-ible to me."

"I think I should tell you why I called you." He came back to the right track when he had exhausted all the metaphors that he had in store for her.

"As if I'm wait-ing with bated brea-ths to hear it!" She added ironically.

"If you hadn't found a way out of Shakti's trauma, I've hatched a master plan for it." He tapped the switch to his table lamp twice before uttering again. "Only if you agree."