Prologue (One)

Prologue (One)

The cacophony of children filled the Swastik orphanage every morning when their beloved Sanchi distributed the lunch boxes and chocolates to them. Located in the city of Ujjain in the state of Madhya Pradesh, the orphanage was the pride of both Sanchi and the head nun, sister Maria.

Sanchi had been living in the orphanage for the past two years since she was a twenty three years old. With dark brown almond eyes, beige skin, patches of dimples on both cheeks, plucked narrow forehead and protruding chin, she was the epitome of cuteness, innocence and beauty. It wouldn't take long for the opposite sex to get smitten by her alluring lustre.

Definitions apart, Sanchi hadn't led the comfortable life congenial to every other beautiful girl possessing similar features to her. She was deprived, dejected and ridiculed to be the symbol of mockery for every other being she met. Settling herself at a distance of informal miles apart, she had run away from home and away from all her peers.

Did she really run away?

No!

She was compelled to undertake such an immoral endeavour!

Why was everyone after her, embarrassing and humiliating her?

Only because her mouth could not utter what her heart wanted to?

What was her fault if she was born with a minor flaw, the art of stuttering in between every line that she delivered from her perfectly shaped pair of lips?

Or was she really shamed by the world just because of a very indecent past?

Giving up her original identity as Vanya Patel and living under a new identity by the name Sanchi, she had embarked into a new journey of life and was visualizing the world from a new perspective altogether.

Sanchi was dressed in a beautiful pink suit and her single braided black hair was rested on her left shoulder. She was a simple and no-makeup girl, and she looked prettier without any of those fairness cakes on her face. But most importantly, she had extreme love for high heels and she would never miss going out of the orphanage without wearing a pair of those possession of hers.

The twenty odd children of the orphanage surrounded Sanchi daily in the morning because of the delicious tiffin that she cooked for them everyday. They carried the lunch boxes for their school hours and sometimes chocolates were also packed with the boxes.

"Sanchi.. Please give me first." One of the children named Cyril almost cried before her. He was merely an eight year old lad who loved Sanchi dearly. Not only Cyril but each one of the children was very close to her. She was their beloved 'Sanchi'.

"Wait now, every-one will get a cho-co-..choco-... Choco..." Sanchi tried hard to utter the word but she was missing out onto it constantly. Her eyes welled up in tears as her accumulated confidence of speaking at least a single sentence without stuttering, tumbled. She was left nowhere except lamenting on her own fate.

Not soon after the head nun of the orphanage approached to her help by giving her a light pat so that Sanchi could complete her incomplete word, "Chocolate."

A little young girl of the age of six came near Sanchi and encircled her by her waist. "Sanchi, you don't need to speak the full sentence. We always understand what you try to say. We love you so much."

Sanchi kissed the little girl's forehead and nodded. "I love you too, baby Tiara. I love every-one here."

As soon as the children departed for their school, sister Maria pushed Sanchi's arm lightly. "Sanchi, my darling. I haven't seen you so very upset earlier. You are the one who is the most important individual of our orphanage. Even though you are afraid to speak before the world, you've become a very proficient journalist. You speak before the media with much confidence and your articles, oh girl, people loves to read your analysis. Why do I find you so very under-confidence today?"