Chapter 22

Chapter 22

It was Friday again and on the upcoming Monday, Sanchi would be joining the bureau as the private analyst. Sanchi and Vihaan hadn't spoken much to each other since their last fight and both had also signed the divorce application form willingly.

Mr. Choksey informed them that they would receive a notice after six months, enquiring of them if they would like to willingly go ahead with the application. If at all, they changed their mind, they woudn't need to go ahead with it.

Sanchi was standing beside Durga and Virendra for the morning prayer at the home temple when Vihaan walked down the stairs, dressed properly in his formal attire to leave for the bureau. He captured a quick glance of Sanchi's bright face early in the morning and his heart instantly skipped a beat.

Sanchi tried to behave normally in front of Durga and Virendra, and spoke to Vihaan in a humble manner, "Take the sac-red mor-sel and then I'll serve you the break-fast."

Instead of answering her, he simply rushed out of the bungalow and the booming sound of his Royal Enfield was heard even before realisation. Sanchi felt humiliated again since he continued with his rudeness in front of the family too.

Durga caught hold of Sanchi's arm as she muttered, "I am sorry dear that we didn't tell you this. He doesn't enter temples or worship idols. It has been three years that he doesn't believe in God anymore."

"Why maa? Why do-es he have to be like this ev-ery time?" Sanchi enquired of her.

"He has his stupid reasons which he doesn't like to share," Virendra interrupted, "But I have an important thing to talk about now. You must have heard of the present condition of Vidya and Dheeraj's relationship. Shall we move forward with our next plan?"

Sanchi agreed and took out her cellphone. Vidya answered her call after four rings. "Vanya, I have an important thing to talk about and I need your help. I was about to call you soon. I didn't disturb you because I thought you must be busy with the mission. Was everything alright?"

"Every-thing turned out to be as expec-ted, Vidya. I call-ed you for some other requ-est. Will you?" Sanchi pleaded her.

"What for?"

"Maa and papa have cho-sen a girl for Dhe-eraj bro and have entrus-ted me the respon-sibility. But I exa-ctly don't know his cho-ice. You know him bet-ter than me so I ne-ed your help. Can you help your best fri-end in deal-ing with this prob-lem?" Sanchi tried to suppress a laugh.

Vidya felt her hands tremble when her cellphone slipped from her, on the bed. She picked it up and replied, "But Vanya...."

"You said you'll stay bes-ide me alw-ays. We have met after years and I want every-thing to be the same like bef-ore. We need to be bes-ide each other in every-thing hence-forth." Sanchi knew her blackmailing would melt Vidya.

"Fine, I'll be there... He was here to choose a guy for me so in that case, I think I should also help him," Vidya uttered in a broken voice.

"That's li-ke my best pal. Now tell me what impor-tant thing you've got to talk abo-ut?" Sanchi asked and waited for Vidya's answer.

"I'll tell you when we meet. I'll be there at Bundela mansion in a couple of hours," Vidya assured her.

Sanchi smiled widely and informed Durga and Virendra about it. They waited in anticipation for the arrival of the new girl and also for Vidya.

Vidya disconnected the call and thought to herself, "I don't have to see Dheeraj today because he'll be at the bureau. But who can be the girl for whom Dheeraj went crazy and agreed to get married without even sharing with me? If he had the guts to turn up to choose Kushal for me, even I should have the same guts to assist them."