Chapter 4 - These Games We Play

Start from the beginning

We began playing the game as Tino managed to sink a solid colored ball as he took the first shot. We alternated between each other at each turn, Sierra and Elena doing the same. Cami was too busy chatting up other men to be bothered. However, I noticed this irritated Tino. They have had an off and on type of fling happening between them, even though he tries so hard to deny it. He's my cousin and I know him. But he is so stubborn, not allowing himself to truly open up to someone. Cami is the type to give off a 'fuck you' attitude when she feels hurt, insulted or upset. So, I know this flirting was deliberate for him to see. His distraction caused him to miss a couple of shots. 

Elena had one or two lucky shots. She isn't the best player and she just enjoys the game. However, Sierra was experienced. She knew how to play, how to judge the angles and the right amount of pressure to use to achieve her outcomes. I was impressed and this wasn't going to be an easy win, but it would be a win none the less. We were down to 3 balls each. By this time, Tino and Cami had disappeared and Elle had left to take a phone call. I leaned over, placing the tip of the stick in between my fingers, eyeing up the direction I needed. Just before pulling back and hitting the white ball, I felt a body brush up against me from behind. At first, I thought it was someone trying to get past with the crowds surrounding us. However, I looked up noticing Sierra wasn't in her original spot. I remained in my leaning stance, looking to my left and right and unsuccessfully locating her. 

That's when the body behind me shifted further to my side, her nails tracing a line across my shoulder blades. In my peripheral vision, I noticed those abstract patterns and the soft luscious bare skin of her torso. She was so close that if I turned my head to my left I would be able to feel that skin underneath my lips. I closed my eyes before she leaned over, rubbing herself against my bicep, whispering into my ear causing me to snap my eyes open. 

"Do you plan on taking the shot there?" Her voice held a smooth velvet-like tone. She knew exactly what she was doing, and for a moment I forgot what I was trying to do. 

I stood up straight, placing my stick diagonally across the corner of the table. I had yet to turn to face her but I could see she stood there confidently. I was determined to break her. In a swift movement, I caged her body between mine and the table, lifting her onto the side of it with my hands under her arms. I noticed her facial expression change and scrunch up stupefyingly. She snapped her eyes to mine, ready to let loose with that feistiness within. Before she got a chance to, I leaned further into her causing her to place her hands flat on the table behind her to stabilize herself. 

"If you want to play games, be prepared to end them too," I growled at her, shooting my gaze from her eyes to her lips. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I was trying to end this game of pool though." She shrugged her shoulders, once again regaining that confident composure. 

I smirked, looking to my side for a brief moment. Without warning my hands landed on her thighs, just above her knees. My hand covered most of it as I squeezed where my thumb and middle finger were placed. Her body reacted in a quick jerk, her hands going straight to my wrists attempting to pull them off, as she hissed in the middle of a partial giggle. 

"Oh, did I find a delicate spot?" I taunted her, squeezing once more. 

"Ok, Niccolo this is not funny. Stop it!" She tried her best to stifle the laughs fighting to escape.

Something about the way she said my full name with her accent that stirred a feeling within, intoxicating me with impure thoughts and needs. I quickly let go, stepping away from her and creating a good distance between our bodies. This is why I need boundaries around her. Why these dangerous waters cannot be swum in.