~ Goblin Grief ~

Começar do início

L shuddered at the possibilities, she focused on finishing her food and persuaded the others to do the same. They needed the strength before they headed out, the Goblin wasn't the only problem they may have to deal with and it would be nice not to have to do it on an empty stomach. Bryce disappeared for a while once they were done, when he eventually came back he had arms filled with containers of food, a pile of clothes and a small silk bag.

"Supplies," he stated with a grin, answering their unasked questions.

They packed his new supplies and made their way out of the inn. Lowell, Brigitte and Móra were waiting by the front door. Móra stepped out once she saw them, and Lowell and Brigitte turned to the group.

"Don't be strangers now, you're all welcome here any time you like."

Lowell was grinning, going down the line he shook everyone's hands. He stopped at Bryce however and pulled him aside, he looked as though he had something important to tell him. L tried to listen but she was interrupted by Brigitte, who was thanking her for helping Móra.

"She's a very old friend of mine, the pain this is causing her is excruciating. Thank you for helping her, Keeper."

"I understand, but please, call me L."

"L, you be careful out there. Forces are at work that would love to see you go down. I know you're probably aware of this but Frallica wasn't the worst of them, not by a long shot. I'm sorry we can't part on better footing but I hope my warning helps keep you safe."

L inclined her head, she was grateful for the woman's wisdom, even if it made her stomach twist into knots. They finished their goodbyes, and Bryce had returned, grinning his usual sly grin. The group joined Móra outside and headed towards the river, north and in the direction of Scotland.

"Why does everyone seem to want a quiet word with you?" L asked of Bryce when they heard the door of the inn close.

Bryce arched a perfect brow at her, "I didn't realise they did, like who?"

"The Worcesters, Lowell... a pattern seems to be emerging."

Bryce laughed and shrugged it off, "Two incidents of similar behaviour doesn't make a pattern. They just wanted to talk about things that might happen, it's nothing too important."

But L got the feeling he wasn't telling her everything, before she could question him further however, they reached the river.

"Let's cross here, I don't wanna walk for miles to get to the bridge."

None of them needed telling twice and their varied methods of crossing were quite interesting to L. Nyla decided to take a running jump, despite not liking water she seemed confident she'd hit the other side without getting wet- she was right. Robbie only had one option, not that he complained or hesitated in transforming.

L had found it entrancing the first time she'd watched Robbie transform; his limbs didn't look like they'd change to the proportions he needed, from human to Dragon and vice versa, but they did so with ease. He flew over with a beat of his mighty wings, earning a brief look of surprise from Móra before she glided effortlessly over the water.

L glanced to Bryce, there were numerous ways she could have used to get over but Bryce reached for her hand with a smile and they both chose the same method. They jumped in unison, floating high into the air before dropping delicately onto the grass of the other riverbank, hands still held fast.

"Show offs," Robbie communicated with a grunt.

L laughed and Bryce eyed Robbie with a suspicious smirk.