~ Chapter 39 ~

Shie Hassaikai base...

Overhaul's POV

*BOOM!!!*

Loud explosion coming from outside the room caused me to be alerted. A gasp of shock fell from Izuku's lips. She looked up to me, uneasiness evident in her beautiful green irises.

My instinct wasn't wrong. An unfortunate incident did occur.

I gazed into Izuku's eyes, my gloved-fingers brushed her cheeks. "Stay here, Izuku. I will go out and check on them." I said calmly before pecking her forehead. "Eri, watch over her for me." I left a reminder for Eri. She just frantically nodded and clutched on my bride.

I got up from the cozy bed, deciding to go out. Something must have happened. But before I could even open a step, Izuku's hand grasped my wrist. Her grasp wasn't firm, but it was desperate one.

"Don't go..."

Izuku shook her head,shiny crystal liquid flooding her eyes. She tightened her grip on my wrist. I reached out my hand to her head and stroked her messy curly hair.

"I will be fine. Don't worry... I will return to your side." I uttered, attempting to calm Izuku down. But she still sobbed, looking down to the mattress.

"I-I got a bad feeling about this, Kai... It isn't safe out there..." Izuku croaked out sorrowfully. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. But I have to go." I stayed stubborn. I harshly shook her hand off my wrist and ran out of the room.

"Kai!"

I have sworn on my own life.

I would never let anyone separate us!

Midoriya's POV

"Mommy..." Eri called me out, her small hands kept clutching on me. I hugged her tighter, not wanting to let her go. "It's okay, Eri. I'm here... Sorry for worrying you." I whispered, rubbing circles on her back.

Who are our enemies? League of Villains? But why are they attacking? Didn't they agree to join Shie Hassaikai?

If League of Villains aren't the enemies...

It can't be..!!

Heroes had ambushed the base!

When that thought crossed my mind, I couldn't stop myself from trembling violently in horror. A tear rolled down my cheek.

No, no, no. God, no. Please no...

I gritted my teeth in frustration. I wanted to go out and help them- no, stop them from fighting! I don't want anyone to get hurt... Because of me.

All this happened because of me..

Kai, Hari, Togata-senpai, everyone...

I don't want any of them to fight each other. I treasure everyone, be them villains or heroes.

I need to go to Kai now... But where is he?

Is there any way for me to find out his current location?

Buzzing noise coming from my pocket snapped me back into reality. I tucked out my phone and clamped it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"I-Izu..."

"Mom?! What is wrong?! Why are you crying?!"

"Hi-Hisashi..."

"Dad...? W-What happened to Dad?!"