~ Chapter 17 ~

- One week and half later -

Overhaul's house,
Afternoon...

Midoriya's POV

I exited the bathroom after vomitting for the third time this morning. I weakly made my way toward the couch before lying myself in it. I held my throbbing head in pain, gritting and hissing non-stop.

God, what is wrong with me? I have been feeling unwell these past few days...

I was at home currently since Kai said he had a meeting with some 'important guests' so he made me stay at home because he didn't want me to get hurt. And no, I wasn't alone.

Three of Kai's subordinates were here to guard me. And one of them was really difficult for me to talk to.

Toya.

Toya, Soramitsu-san and Hojo-san were outside, talking to each other. They didn't put on their mask today to avoid suspicion. I actually invited them to come in but they politely turned down.

I stared at the ceiling blankly, gasping for air. I placed the back of my hand against my forehead, feeling the heat radiating from my skin. It felt like I was on blazing fire.

Considering that it is summer now, it's normal for the weather to be hot... But this illness and symptoms are different...

Buzzing noise startled me who was daydreaming. I patted my chest lightly before grabbing my phone that was lying on the nightstand. I slid the screen that displayed Todoroki'm-kun's name and picture on it.

 I slid the screen that displayed Todoroki'm-kun's name and picture on it

Huh? Why did he call me?

I tapped the green button and clamped the phone close to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Midoriya. How have you been?"

"Ah, I'm doing fine! Just a bit sick lately."

"Wait, really? Why did you never tell me? Hold on, I will call the ambulance--"

"No, no need to! I'm really fine! Beside, I'm not at my apartment currently..."

"Where are you right now then?"

"Um...um...at my...cousin's house?"

"Oh, I see. That's too bad."

"Why?"

"Actually, our class planned to go shopping at Kiyashi Ward together today."