~ Chapter 38 ~

Meanwhile,
Around 3.00 a.m.,
Class 1-A Dorm...

Todoroki's POV

I can't sleep.

I'm worried about Midoriya.

How is she doing now? Is she okay? Did the villains hurt her?

I hope not...

I looked up to the ceiling in silence. Everyone had fallen asleep, except for me. I was suffering sleep deprivation. These past few night, I felt uneasy and anxious.

The news about Midoriya's pregnancy shocked me.

When Uraraka blurted out the secret, my world turned dark. The next thing I remember was, my classmates surrounding me. They all looked so worried. Iida told me that I suddenly passed out.

What can I do? To know that your crush is pregnant with a villain's child... Is just too... Heartbreaking.

I can't believe... She is taken. I was too late.

Damn it, if only I was fast enough-

"Todoroko-san?" Yaoyorozu suddenly appeared from the dark. Her hair was down, and she was wearing her night gown. I stared at her in confusion.

"What are you doing here/What are you doing here?" The two of us asked in unison. We both stayed quiet for a while before her chuckles broke the silence between us.

"You go first." She said, a small smile tugged on her face. "I can't sleep." I answered nonchalantly. I wasn't in the mood to chat with anyone.

"What are you doing here, Yaoyorozu?"

"Oh, I was thirsty. I came downstairs to drink some water." She retorted, then walked toward the dining area. I just waited for her to come back.

Minutes flew by, and I was startled by a hand waving in front of my face. It was Yaoyorozu. "Are you alright?" Her voice was filled with concern.

"I don't know..." I paused there, looking away from her. "You must be worried about Midoriya-san." Yaoyorozu's words hit me hard. I started to mess with my dual-coloured locks.

"Yeah. I am. I am worried to death." Negatives thought swirled my mind. My msimatched irises fixed on the ground, averting from making eye contact with Yaoyorozu's.

Yaoyorozu didn't speak up for good 30 seconds. "You are not the only one, Todoroki-san. We all were worried about her, too."

"My worry is different. You won't understand." I denied her, gritting my teeth.

I was dejected. I felt pathetic.

Maybe, just maybe, if I confessed to her before the summer vacation started, this won't happen to Midoriya.

She wouldn't be forced to marry some stranger she didn't know.

She wouldn't get pregnant with that yakuza's child.

She wouldn't go through so much suffering.

Maybe... Thing will change even just a little bit if I was brave enough back then to tell her my true feelings.

"Todoroki-san..."

I couldn't look at Yaoyorozu in the eyes. I looked so pathetic right now. I failed to protect another woman I adored.

I couldn't protect Mom before. And now I couldn't protect Midoriya.

Damn it, why my life is always like this?