Mentoring Shourtney together 2

Start from the beginning

I entered Ian's cabin. He was on her s laptop.
"Hey y/n, wassup?" he asked looking up.
"Um. Ian, i just um. I wanted to tell you something."
"If it is about the distance between office and restroom, then sorry." he said.
"What? No. People complain to you about that?" I asked. Why him, he is not the proper authority.
"You have no fuckin idea. Anyways, you wanted to tell something."
"Yeah. Um, its just that um. Shayne and Courtney are um, going on a date this weekend." I finally let it out.
"What?" his eyebrows shot up. Again no clear cut expression.
I just nodded.

There was a dead silence in the room for a while. Not that he will say no, but how he says yes is the point.
"Yes! I knew it." he shouted, well almost.
"What?"  I asked him, obviously perplexed. What did he know?
"I had a deep gut feeling that they liked each other. They are waaay too close to be just friends. Crazy gets crazy." he said.

So was i the only one who couldn't see it? Or maybe i was seeing it but wasn't getting it.

We both laughed at it for a few moments. It was funny and happy at the same time.
"So its ok right?" I asked, catching my breath.
"Yeah, definitely." he said.
I said my good bye and left his cabin. Walking back I was thinking about how Ian is supportive of all relationships, even sets some of them but himself is not in any. I think next time, we will have to set Ian up.

When I turned towards the editors room, i saw Damien standing at the end of the alley. We saw each other and gently laughed.
He looks so beautiful when he is laughing. His face lights up and eyes shine even more.
Suddenly he started walking towards me. He wasn't that away from me, but enough to give me a round of anxiety as to why was he walking here.

"Hey y/n, i have a favour to ask on Shayne's behalf. But before that how is Courtney?" he asked.
"Oh, she is gleaming with joy. She said she always wanted Shayne to ask her out." I said and laughed. What was I laughing about, I just let out our 'sis' secret. Why are all my guards down in front of this guy. What does he do to me.
"Really? Wow. Who knew." he said and let out a gentle laughter. His amazing laughter.
"You wanted something." I reminded him.
"Oh yeah! Um, Shayne has some other shoots planned these 2 days, so he has asked me to plan his date. Moreover he thinks his brain is too excited to think straight. I was wondering you could help me with it. I just wanted a girl's help and you know Courtney very well." he said.

That is actually not that bad an idea. I can incorporate things that Courtney likes, and also help my bro. Working with Damien will be tough, especially with my mind acting stupid around him, but anything for Courtney.

"Yeah. That's a great idea Damien." I said. His face brightened up at that.
"He has a restaurant in mind already, where he wants to take her at the end, but we will have to plan everything before that." he said, his expression becoming more serious. It's weird how actors switch their expressions so easily.
"That's cool. Anything else he said?" I asked.
"No, just that. Soooo, I'll come to your place today to plan things out and then rest of the days we can arrange things. Ok?" he said.
"Yeah." I nodded mindlessly.

Wait! What??!!!
He will come to my place?
Before i could say anything, he walked away. That is happening a lot today. But sjit, what do I do now?

Time skip:
Damien pov:
I pulled over the parking lot of her apartment. The building was quite small, but then she is just out of her house. My first place was even worse.
I looked at the box of cookies in my hand. Thank God i remembered to buy something. It's good manners, just in case she is into them. I don't know if anybody is, but why take chances. This is the first time we will be spending time together.
I am wearing my jeans and a plain black t-shirt with my black Adidas hoodie. I just hope i look presentable.

I knocked at the door and waited. After a few seconds she opened the door. She was wearing a loose long shirt and jeans below that. Thank God she too is wearing jeans and not PJ's.
"Hey." I greeted her and gave her the box of cookies.
"What are these for?" she asked, smiling.
"That's a gentleman's gesture for first visit ma'am." I said, in my posh accent.
She lightly laughed and then accepted the box.
I entered her apartment and immediately fell in love with it. Usually people who have just moved out have worst apartment, but hers was not only clean, it was beautiful. The decor was wood and glass blend, and a bright red sofa in one corner was adding a nice pop of colour. Everything was in place and i could even smell a mild jasmine scent. Thank God we met at her place not mine.
"Y/n your house is amazing. And its not even messy, and that's great considering you just moved out of your parents place." I said, turning towards her. She was standing by the kitchen shelf, arranging the cookies in a plate.
"Well, i didnt just move out. I lived for my studies in college dorm before this." she said.
"Really? Wow." was all i could say.
How is she so perfect.
"Anyways, tea or coffee?" she asked.
"Oh, you don't have to make anything." I said. The less she is in kitchen, the more she is with me.

"Yeah, but then you didn't have to bring the cookies, you did it anyway. So, tea or coffee?"
Valid.
"Coffee." I said. She smiled and started making coffee.

We were now sitting on her dinning table, with a notepad in front of her and a pen in her hand.
D- We should first decide what kind of date we want it to be.
Y-  What kind of restaurant is Shayne taking her to?
D- Oh, don't worry about it. Its neutral kind.
Y- Ok. Well, considering their QUIRKY nature, I think a 'fun and frolic' kind would be better over descent kind.
D- I agree.
Y- What time did he call her?
D- 5 evening!
Y- What? That early. They don't jave dinner by 8.
D- He wants to give her some time to get to like him.
Y-  That is not an issue at all. But its his date, his choice.
       We will have to plan for at least 2 and half hour of stuff.
D- and it should not be a movie.

She nodded at that. We both knew Courtney hated movies for date. Well, so did Shayne.

We pounded our heads for a solid hour over play, karaoke, concert, amusement park, and even animal shelter. Nothing suited. Some were too weird, and some were out of time.

Suddenly she said "Hey, the fried food carnival is going on right now, right?"
I looked at her and we both smiled at the same time.
Fried food carnival will be best. They had a great time together there during squad vlog, it will also bring back memories.
She immediately started writing in the notepad, and I immediately ran over to her. I stood behind her and bend beside her over the notepad. I was quite close to her head, and i could smell her jasmine scented shampoo. Mental note, she loves jasmine.

Y/n POV:
He was so close to me that I could smell his musky deodorant. Oh God, why?!
"Ferris wheel." he said. I immediately jotted it down.
"Wait, Ferris wheel or that dangerous ride. " I asked. They both got on the later the last time.
"That's a better idea." he said.
I cut ferris wheel and added 'dangerous ride'.
"Fun house?" I asked.
"Yeah."

"Maybe funnel cake" he said. I wrote that down too.
"Oh, and don't forget Gravitron after food." he said.
I instinctively laughed at that, remembering how Keith threw up from that ride.
Thank God he meant it as a joke.
He is so silly. My silly goof.
No, no. Not 'my'. Not yet.

Hey everyone, author here. I am kind of sorry that Shourtney did not end here. Kind of😈.
Anyways. Thanks for reading.
Continued...