Chapter 14 part 2

Joelle's POV

        The cold, autumn air chilled my bones. It felt as if the dead walked with us this Halloween night. Their icy souls going through the living bodies like an early morning chill. The living souls that walked around this night could practically feel their presence before our minds could register that we were not alone. 

    I walked around with my friends as we hit house after house filling our cute little Jack-o-lantern buckets with candy. We laughed, danced, and , for fun of scaring people, howled at the Moon like wolves.  The Apocalyptic Pack...sounds like something these tense, snobbish housewives would tell their kids instead of talking about real monsters that walk amongst us. 

Our motley crew of unruly, strange, and fantastic teens roamed the streets as kids dressed as devils, witches, and fairytale figures ran amuck. We laughed as triplets dressed up as the Sanderson Sisters walked up to us. We exchanged smiles as if we knew that they too were just as different as us. 

"My feet hurt. Can we stop to one last house and head back home?" Sabrina and Jayda asked. 

  "Yeah, I can barely feel my perfectly pedicured toes." Sammi joined them in complaining. 

"So you mean to tell me that you three wanted me to get out of the house, but you all are the ones ready to end this Halloween night. It's only 9:12 at night!" I responded to my friends. 

  "We can go to this haunted house and then go find everyone else. Deal?" Jayda suggested. 

An unanimous "Deal" was said and we went on our way. 

The haunted house we went to was the one we went to every year, yet somehow it never got any better only worse. The decorations were outdated, the guts and gore had to have been the same ones being used for the past seven years, and worst of all, the people involved didn't care to be scary anymore just straight creepy. 

"Why do we always go to this one? The stuff in there is just cheap and stupid." Sabrina asked. 

  "Because I don't feel like paying $50 for a haunted house that I can see most of it from people's Snapchat. Besides, some of the people leaving this one actually looked terrified walking out of there." Jayda answered here. 

  She was right. For some reason many people leaving this one seemed freaked out about it and kept muttering things about "It was real. It was really real". We walked up to the house that only had maybe one light on which was the porch light. Everything was off. Around the house these strange vibes were coming from something, but none of us could pinpoint what it meant. 

" I'm calling the cops. Something about this doesn't feel right." Sammi said as he dialed the number. 

We stood and waited in the dark. It felt as though we were being watched. The hairs on the back of my neck began to rise as a scream was heard in the house. Cries of forgiveness and beseeching an unknown person to not kill them sang in the air like the crows on top of withered branches hanging over dirt roads or foggy graveyards. Our heads snapped up as the screaming stopped. It ended as soon as it began. 

  " Oh fuck no! Yo, the hell the cops at? How the hell is no one in there to stop this?" Sabrina yelled confused as the rest of us about the situation. 

"Look I'll go check and if the cops come before I return let them know I went in to check. And if I don't come out after five minutes call my mom and have her and the others meet you guys here. I'll be back." I told them as I went inside. 

The house was noiseless. Shadows casted all around the living room and downstairs as the hallways and stairwell leading up were pitch black. The deafening sound of silence swarmed my ears creating that awful ringing noise. My mind was racing as too my heart. I needed to help whoever it was upstairs. Making my way up the stairs, I heard the sound of liquid in the carpet. I pointed my flashlight down and gasped. My eyes widened at the sight of the blood and as the light moved further up I found the source. Lifeless eyes looking back at me as if she were trying to warn me to not make any noise. I stared back at her, a friendly older woman who had just lost her husband and has now joined him in the afterlife. I regained control of myself and closed her eyes for her. I was whispering a quick prayer as a click of metal sounded from above me. 

"Hello my soulmate." 

Author's Note

Sorry for the wait. Busy one minute and just not knowing the right words the next. Part 2 is here and The next chapter I'll have up later (possibly a couple hours from now. I have the name of the second book thanks to this chapter. Comment next to it if you can find it (it's an easy find). The next chapter will coincide more with the holiday that has just past and the one coming up soon so stay tuned.