Chapter 1

Joelle's POV

It's the first day of the last year in this hellhole. Thank goodness that I don't have to stay here unlike some seniors who are still classified as sophomores. I honestly could not wait until I got my diploma so I could finally say what I wanted to say to the teachers that thought I wouldn't graduate.

As I drove into the senior parking lot of Beaufort High, the loud music coming from my car brought unwanted, but much appreciated, attention to me.

'Bout to leave the crib with a couple of my pirates
Driving by the streets we used to walk through like a triumph
Mix it in a potion like a science
That liquid G diet got a n***a so quiet

The kids already there looked with recognition as I pulled into the parking space. I had let the song finish before I decided to get out my car.

"I know that is not my best friend?" My best friends, Jayda and Sabrina asked with smiles plastered to their faces.

"No, this is Patrick." I told them.

After a minute of staring at me like an idiot, we laughed and made our way to the school.

The gym was packed with people taking pics in their first day outfits with friends and others sitting. The lines for schedules grew longer with each passion minute. We sat in our usual spot in the gym as we waited.

"I wanna go home," Jayda complained.

"We just got here, Jay. The day hasn't started yet. Give it time." Sabrina told her.

"The Sun is up meaning the day already started and I need sleep bitch." Jay clapped back.

The rest of us showed up finally completing what the school considered The Four Horsemen. The fourth person, Sammi, came to us out of breath.

"Did you guys see the new Art teacher? That man is absolutely gorgeous." Sammi claimed.

"Says the person that thinks Channing Tatum's abs are fake." Jay mummbled.

"And that Offset is hotter than Dr. McSteamy, which is a fudging lie." Sabrina added.

"Y'all bitches mean." Sammi muttered which earned a couple giggles from the two.

The bell rang signaling the start of school. We travelled in our mighty pack of alphas as people were gazing at the sight of our presence. The principal watched us pass as his head went down to pray for a great year. But little did he know...