Chapter 8

Happy 4th! 🇺🇸

Joelle's POV

"Good morning my students. Today we will be learning how to be quiet, so today I will teach and not a word will come from anyone. If you have a question, then you will raise your hand. Any questions? No? Let's get started." Mrs. Anderson, the marine biology teacher, stated as she walked in to the class.

  It was only 8 in the morning and she was being annoying, but she was doing her job.

A hand was raised before she started her lesson. Kelsey, "that" student, asked, "Mrs. Anderson are you collecting the homework you assigned?"

  Groans filled the class as the teacher answered her, "Oh I almost forgot. Thank you Kelsey."
  Desk after desk she came and collected the work. Some had it and others did not.

  "And where is your work, Mr. Martin?" She questioned the class clown, Stephen.

  "This time I am telling the truth when I say that I did it, but I don't know where I put it." Stephen told her with the most serious look on his face.

  We all laughed knowing he says this all the time, yet Mrs. Anderson took us by surprise with her next words.

  "I believe you Stephen."

        Excuse me?

"Mr. Martin may not remember, but yesterday he turned in his work at the end of the school day telling me and I quote, "Here you go. If I didn't do my work my girl wasn't going to chill with me." So yes, he turned his work in. I don't know what you and your girl did, but she should continue threatening you if it helps you." She finished.

  A deserving round of applause for Stephen was given. Stephen only smiled and gave his friends high-fives.

  "Now that the homework has been collected, let's begin." She said.

After the lesson

  "Any remaining questions? No? Okay pop quiz!" She cheered.

  Sighs, groans, and constant muttering of "this some bullshit" filed the air. Mrs. Anderson chuckled at our antics.

  "Crazy, sadistic bitch." Sammi whispered under his breath.

  Everyone, including Mrs. Anderson, laughed loudly at his comment. She never took comments like that seriously especially if it was in this class where all the people were pretty chill and we got our work done.

After the quiz

  "Now that we have that out of the way, I am coordinating a field trip for us to the beach, however I need at least twenty of you in order for this to happen, so if you would like to go," she paused to get the sign up sheet," sign here and we will be doing a lab at the beach."

  One by one we went up with all of us signing our names. A day out of school is a good day.

  "Thank you all. Now you all can start working on some notes to prepare for the lab. Everything is on the board and no talking." She ended her speech and went to work on grading papers.

  Ten minutes before class ended a text popped up.

Hey baby. Can't wait to see you. -Unknown

Hmm. Blocked. I don't play that mess.

  The bell rang ending the class. Our teacher reminded us to take notes, bring sunscreen, and have a good day. We all told her to do the same, to have a good day as well, and went about our day.

  "It was way too quiet today. I think she just being moody." Sabrina suggested. We looked at her like of course.

  The day went on as any other day, boring and full of drama. My friends decided that after school we would go to the game tonight.

I almost forgot about that.

  We all were throwing out ideas on what to wear when a "Wait up" came from one of the classrooms.

What does he want?!

  Mr. Matthews ran to catch up to us with his tiny legs that seemed to move at such a fast pace yet looked as if he was not moving at all. It took him 7 minutes and 27 seconds to reach us.

  "What's up guys. How's it going?" He asked.

  Sammi, someone get him, responded,"Uh huh", rolled his eyes and popped his gum.

  Jayda, not any wiser, gave a different response. Not looking him in the eyes, she kept her gaze on her phone, glanced at her nails, sucked her teeth, and sarcastically said "Marvelous".

  Please Sabrina be calm.

  Sabrina, the third strike, gave him her best RBF, rested all her weight on one leg, and placed her hand on her hip. She began her interrogation with a question of her own, "What do you want?".

  He kept the same cheeky, Master Splinter smile as he answered her with, "I'm just starting some friendly conversation. Don't get all Mean girls about it. Just wanted to talk to her."

  He dare insult my friends and then try and talk to me. As if.

  "Sorry she can't talk to you right now." Jayda said to him.

  "Why not?" He questioned with the attitude of child ready to throw a tantrum.

  "She doesn't need a reason. Now leave her alone and kindly fuck off." Sammi answered throwing his attitude right back at him.

  He was fuming. His face went red and his jaw began to tick. "It will only be for a couple minutes." He stated trying to make his intentions clear as he got closer.

  Sabrina noticed this and backed the entire group up and demanded that he just go away. Sammi took my hand in his and started leading me to the doors of the school. Sabrina and Jayda stayed back and ended the discussion. "She is not talking to you. Leave us alone and stop it."

  I was quiet during this, yet I turned to see his reaction to their words and it was not a pretty site.

     Oh he is mad.

Mr. Matthews dropped his things and began yelling as if his life depended on it.

  "Who the fuck do you bastards think you are keeping her away from me! Fuck all of you! You three can eat shit! Bring me my girl back you bitch! You can't keep us apart! I'll find her and get rid of you three toxic assholes!" He screamed to the top of his lungs.

  A crowd of straggler students and teachers watched the commotion. Some whispered among themselves about what they were witnessing, but his next words shook the entire group of teens.

  "Coach Weeks couldn't stop me what makes you three think you guys can?!" He seethed.

  Nearly every pair of eyes were wide in terror.

What did he mean "Coach Weeks couldn't stop me"?

  Not wanting to continue on, we all left and so did the crowd to terrified of the little creep.

He couldn't have done something to Coach Weeks! That man is nearly 300 pounds of pure muscle. That man could have crushed him with his pinky toe! Did he have help? What has he done to him?

  We all went to Sammi's car, I could not drive after that discovery. I sat in the backseat frozen from shock. No one said anything as Sammi sped out of the parking lot. My heavy breathing, Jayda's nervous tapping on the car door, Sabrina's hands rubbing up and down her arms, and Sammi's playlist filled the car.

  "I knew it. That crazy son of a bitch had something to do with Coach Weeks being gone." Sammi said breaking the tension.

  "Yeah we kind of figure that, but what did he do to him?" Jayda asked.

  What did he do?

Here's another one that wasn't weeks/months apart from the last one. Have a good day/night guys! Enjoy!