Chapter 22: A Hero's Reqiuem

Chapter 22: A Hero's Requiem

The sun shone through the window as Momo looked out of it. She sighed as everyone clamored about.

It was the last day of their first year of high school, and Momo could hardly believe it at this point. She was 16 years old and had way more experience with her quirk than ever before. There had been the Internships, USJ, The summer training. All of it lead to here, where she was about to leave school for the last time for a couple of months before becoming an upperclassman.

However, she didn't know how to feel about that.

All of her friends had been excited about their break while she honestly didn't know where to go next. She could train and get stronger from there, but taking some time off sounded pretty good as well.

"Shut up, Deku! Summer break is for pussies!" Katsuki exclaimed as Momo grimaced at the boy. Katsuki was a fine example of a hero being one of the top in class, however, his vulgarness seemed to know no bounds.

Momo didn't know how to feel about the boy, he was one of her classmates at the very least, but she didn't really know anything about Katsuki Bakugo.

Momo sighed as she decided that she was going to find out at least one thing about the explosive boy before the day came to an end.

Momo was wounded, to say the least, she had sustained damage while fighting the silver-haired girl, but not enough to keep her down for the count.

Momo panted as she watched her opponent stood before her slightly winded. She was stronger than she was the first couple of encounters. Her quirk usage was different her strength and speed were massively enhanced, her tactics had become more aggressive in nature.

Momo would have to go about this carefully to prevent herself from losing.

Momo materialized a lance and shield as she attacked Hana again, Hana on the other hand effortlessly dodged the jab trying to place her own. Momo had caught on to her style of fighting however and used these movements to her advantage using feints to strike her newly found openings.

Momo place two well placed strikes with her lance to Hana's frame as the other girl flew back. Momo rose her shield again, she would have to get rid of her lance soon. That didn't matter, because whatever it took.

She had to hold the line.

Hana was on her knees as she coughed, the pain was almost unbearable as she struggled to get up.

"Rise child, if you are to protect the Stroheim House you must be strong." her mother said as the younger girl panted. She hated this. Every single bit of it.

Almost every day since the day she was born, she was trained, in intellect, as well as physicality. Nothing but drills, her own mother nothing to her but a trainer. While she was her dog.

What was all of this even for? To protect a house and name that was even her own? A slave to people who weren't enough to protect themselves.

She hated them.

She hated that they were the reason she had to suffer so much.

After the session, Hana had been off to her next set of training in the study when she caught sight of the daughter of the house. Hilda, she believes her name is.

Bright blue hair and a smile that could illuminate the darkest of rooms, wearing a white gown as she strode the hallways with glee.

She hated her the most.

Her innocence and purity while having such a carefree spirit had been the bane of Hana's existence. Hana knew that she had to defend that helpless girl.