"Good afternoon Dr. Callaghan. Dr. Eugene called. He said he just got into the country and called to fix a date for your meeting."

"How long will he be visiting for?"

"Six weeks. Approximately two months. He says he has to meet with other neighboring facilities so he asked for a later date," she explained.

That was more than fine for me. I had no doubt in my mind that I'd have gotten Freya back before that time. I'll be damned if it takes more than a month from now to get her. Heck, two weeks and it'll be hell on earth for the people who took her.

"Set it for the week before he leaves. Run the date with him to confirm it's feasibility. I don't mind the day."

"Okay sir..." she said but didn't hang up. The silence told me she had more to say. "I heard from Denny... how are you holding up?"

I'm guessing Denny was Hayden and I was a bit upset that he told her about it. It hasn't even been that long — a bit over a day. I didn't want to discuss details of the issue.

"I'm okay. Thanks." I hung up the phone and went back into the room. Drew was sitting on the rug and I joined him to eat what was left of the sandwich.

"Any luck?" I asked as I picked a piece of bread. Mayo dripped from the trimmed edges of the bread and I licked it up before looking up to face Drew.

"Nah, bro. I rewatched the video a few more times and I could only make out the face structure but not much of it. Detective Rayan called though. I guess they also figured out our unknown is a guy. That's all he called to say. But I didn't tell him we knew that already. So as it is, we're one step ahead of them. We should be able to figure it out in no time. We just need to look deeper..." he paused. "Javi," Drew called out.

I looked up at him and hummed my answer as I had food in my mouth.

"I've been thinking. What do you know about Freya's past? Her family? Her childhood? Did she ever talk to you about any man from her past— exes maybe— or anything at all?" he asked and I stopped eating.

"She told me her mum is late. That's the only thing I remember as regards family. It was also weird that she didn't put up any framed pictures of her family at her apartment. Why'd you ask?"

"Hmm... that's pretty weird. I was just wondering. It crossed my mind. We should look into her her past. What if there's something she's tryna hide? We need to touch all possible links."

"We'll get to it once we're done eating," I replied him. My mind wandered off, searching every corner if there's any useful information in there. We never really talked about her family or any past lovers but looking at it, I also didn't tell her anything about mine. It didn't come up and even when it did, she was quick to kill the conversation and I didn't think too much about it to probe further. We are both pretty reserved people and I didn't find it odd that we had a lot of untouched subjects. I just assumed we were each setting boundaries and drawing out lines of privacy. But thinking about it now, I wish we had talked about it.

Rachel came in a while later to get our dishes on the order of Geneva. She was dressed in a washed pair of jeans and a white see-through T-shirt. Her fiery red hair was bundled up in a high ponytail atop her head and she had on black feathery slides. She smelled like vanilla and lavender mix—a weird combination, but it smelled heavenly on her.

"You're headed somewhere?" I asked her and she smiled in my direction.

"Yeah... Geneva and I are going grocery shopping. I'm driving," she said as she gathered plates, now empty juice box and side dishes from the table in Drew's office.

"How's it going?" She asked.

"It's been okay so far. We're making slow but steady progress," Drew shrugged, his eyes never leaving the screen of the computer. He appeared to be surfing the net and I remembered what he told me about looking into Freya's family history and her past. "Please take the kids with you," he added.

Rachel rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Of course."

"Have fun, boys," and with that she left the room, shutting the door behind her.

I sat in the chair beside Drew and rocked my heels back and forth on the rug in his office as I waited for him to find something. I thought of how Freya would be faring with the fucker who has her. I wondered what he'd make her do or what kind of torture he'll subject her to. Hell, he could even be one of my enemies. I mean, being brothers with a boss leader of a bike gang and being the CEO of a top notch fitness centre attracts more opposition and enemies than it does friends. What if they were trying to get back at me for something I had done. I couldn't start sifting through names at this point. It'll take me a lifetime and more. Damn!

"Uhm... Javi... I think you might want to take a look at this," Drew motioned me over once more and I rolled the tyres of my chair over to his side and looked at the screen. The words contained on there knocked the oxygen out of my lungs immediately.

'Husband kicks wife to death and almost kills daughter who survived by only a thin strand of luck. Daughter is currently receiving treatment at Brownsville hospital for child emergency and her health status is currently unknown. Click to read more about the case and don't forget to subscribe to our daily newsletter...'

A picture of her family was attached to the article. Little Freya looked happy as her teeth reflected light and excitement as she clutched onto her one-eyed fluffy toy. Her mother had one hand on Freya's right shoulder and a smile that mirrored that on Freya face. Her dad dressed in a military uniform had his hand on Mrs Willis waist and all their eyes were focused on the camera. They looked happy. He looked... normal. But he wasn't. To kill your wife and kid, you automatically lose the right to be regarded as normal. You automatically become a psychopath.

"Oh shit," Drew mouthed, his words explaining the expression on my face.

This was way deeper than I imagined it to be...
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: Hola lovelies! Another chapter. Few more to go and we're done with this baby. Please don't forget to leave comments so I know your thoughts on the book so far.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting me thus far. I'm thankful for you all my readers. Till next time! Ciao. 💋