Chapter 7

~Same ol' Trent from ABL (Chapter 12) portrayed in the picture.~

Freya's POV

"How on earth is this even possible?! I was supposed to get money out today Mrs Williams. Today! Why are they doing this?"

"I know honey. I know. I have no idea how this happened. I followed procedure and they cut us off last minute. I'll see what I can do but for the mean time you should get a job. I have no idea how long it'll take to get you back on the list." She said in her usual motherly soothing tone which does little to soothe me but rather lights up every vein in my body to boiling state.

"Get a job Mrs Williams?! How the hell am I supposed to find a job out here?! There are no jobs. And with my leg, I doubt anyone will even look at me a second time." I cried. I rubbed my eyes to hold in the tears and rocked my legs to keep it from hurting as much.

"Honey I gotta go. I have a meeting right now. I'll call you back as soon as I get out. Love you." And she hung up. I screamed into the phone wishing she'd hear but the line has been disconnected. I have known Daisy for the most part of my life and she took me in when no one else wanted me. She had replaced the mum I lost- although not fully. I didn't understand why they would cut me off from my mom's pension payout. Everything had been working out well and I was supposed to get the final pay but suddenly I was cut off.

I limped over to the fridge to get an icepack for my leg. Javier had been drilling me hard (no pun intended) and most days, I wanted to run away or avoid him like the plague but I don't want him to see me as weak.  My leg hurts badly after each session and I'd been able to reduce the pain with painkillers, ice packs and hot baths.

I sat at the breakfast table with an ice pack on my leg munching on the microwaved leftover of pizza I ordered the previous night. I sighed thinking of what Daisy had told me. You have to get a job.

How on earth was I supposed to get a job in shadow creek?

The bell rings and I walked to the door practically on one leg. I found Trent rocking on his heels and I opened the door to let him in.

"Whoa this is new." He said and I rose a brow at him.

"What is?"

"You're not ready. You're always ready. You alright?" He asked walking past me headed for the kitchen.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little family problem." I sighed.

"Okay if you say so. Something smells like pizza." He sniffed the air like a tracking dog would sniff the ground for clues.

"I guess you'd know since you ordered it for me last night." I scoffed at him making him chuckle.

"I thought you'd eat all. I guess you're not much of a food person." He took a slice out of the three slices. He finished it up quickly, taking another. That soon goes into his belly and he's looking between the pizza and me with puppy eyes.

"You can have it." I rolled my eyes and his face lights up. He ate the last slice washing it down with the juice I poured for myself.

"Wait here. I'll be down in a bit." I said and he smiled at me.

"Take your time." He replied.

I went up the stairs to my room. I plopped down on the bed with my face in my palms. I breathed in and out, repeatedly telling myself I would be okay, trying to calm myself down. I still had a little cash that could sustain me but till when?

I took a quick shower not even bothering with the hot bath which meant my leg would be a bitch. Can't wait.
I put on the usual dark leggings and a tank top. Sneakers are a no go. I grabbed my phone and purse from the night stand and go down. I got to the kitchen finding it empty with Trent in the living room going through my hangings on the wall.