Desperate situations

Sounds of footsteps on leaves were echoing at the back of his mind. He suddenly felt cold and sweaty. He tried to move his body but soon realised he couldn't. His huge headache was preventing him from thinking straight. He gathered all the strenght he had left to open his eyes slowly.

"Oh you woke up earlier than I thought" admitted a voice.

Ethan's vision was still blurred by the sudden light invading his eyes. "This voice, those vibes. Shit it's him, that weird guy". He tried to look at him, and soon got an accurate picture of where he was. He was in the forest, where exactly, he had no idea. He noticed ropes where pressing all his upper body against a tree.

"Well, well, well, so you're the little human bitch ? We figured they wouldn't send a real werewolf, it would have been too easy" the creepy voice added.

"What ... what are you talking about ?" Ethan slowly asked, his head ready to explode from pain.

"Come on little shit, don't tell me you're not deducing some things"

Suddenly, the guy came into Ethan's field of vision. He was tall and strong, but not as muscular as Adrien. His shining blond short hairs fitted with his white skin and blue eyes. He was smircking.

"You really think two hunters were there by accident when you got attacked ?"

Ethan gave him the silent treatment, refusing to discuss with him. He wouldn't have been able to anyway.

"So when they didn't come back, we supposed they were dead, that you would find us and try to infiltrate a meeting, so we prepared ourselves"

Ethan was starting to understand the situation. Someone was giving them informations, that was sure. But who knew about the Snowed pack visit ? Expect us and the Snowed pack itself. "This guy doesn't seem to know who I am, which is weird. All the persons who knew about the visit knew I'm the Moonchild". Then he completed the puzzle with the missing piece.
"So you're the little human bitch ?"
Kaïs, the Central pack's alpha. He must have heard when Ethan told his mate about going to the Snowed moutain pack. It couldn't be Central beta's because he would have told that guy about the Moonchild thing, and Ethan would probably be dead by now. So he could only be Kaïs. "That fucking son a bitch ! I'm going to kill him slowly and painfully !!"His faced must had been filled with understanding because the stranger reacted.

"You might not be that stupid"

"It's was obvious I was going to infiltrate a meeting, considering I'm the only human they trust. Someone gave you those informations and my identity, so you could recognise me" Ethan thought out loud.

"Since I'm here, tied against a tree, I suppose you're targetting my mate. I suppose the attack was also about killing him" Ethan asked rhetorically.

"You're a smart ass, don't ya ?"

"Why him ?"

"Because your mate is the most powerful werewolf currently" he replied, like it was obvious.

"So you want to eliminate him in order to eliminate the werewolf kind" Replied Ethan.

"Of course, that guy met Kaïs and convinced him with a 'I'll kill your rival if you help me' speech. This alpha is a real fucking bastard !" Ethan was fuming inside. "Ok, I have to get out, but the doctor strictly forbidden me to use my powers".

"So now what, I patiently wait for you to kill my mate because we both know he'll come ?"

"Yeah, that's the plan sweety"

Ethan was disgust by the strange man. He suddenly felt deep hatred toward him, just for thinking about killing his mate. But he calmed down, released his magic and listened around him. There wasn't anybody expect the two of them. That was surprising.

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen" said Ethan.

The stranger laughed.

"And what are you going to do ?"

"Well I have a surprise for you sweety"

He used air as blades to cut the ropes before sending a blast of wind toward the enemy's stomach, sending him crashing hard against a tree. Unfortunately for that man, one of the branch skewered him by his left shoulder. A cry of pain filled the air, as Ethan started to run as far as he could. He run for god knows how long before tripping on a root. At that moment precisely, he realised how painful his head and his stomach were. He stayed on the floor, trying not to cry. Someone suddenly grabbed him and placed a hand on his mouth to muffle Ethan's scream.

"Shhhhh it's just me baby"

Ethan immediatly recognised his mate's voice and relaxed.

"What happened ?!" Exclaimed Adrien as he saw the wound at the back of the boy's head.

"Long story short, they knew I was coming and tried to trap you. I know who is giving them informations, but we can't stay here. Once that guy is free from the tree, he'll come for us"

"Free from the tree ?"

A burning smell soon invaded they noses.

"Adrien, we need to leave, now !" Ordered Ethan.

Adrien took his hand, and led him in the opposite direction to where the fire was.

"Wait, a fire ? There's too much water in the air and in the ground, it's not possible" pointed Ethan.

"Now we REALLY need to go !!" Suddenly exclaimed Adrien, as he drew him out of the forest.

Hello everybody ! I'm trying to inject a few plot twist in my story, I don't know if it's working (probably not but I try). What do you think ?
Thankks for reading !!
Love from otters !