"No-.... I MEAN yes! Clowns! Like why does McDonald's have to be based upon a clown? Isn't that just... you know... weird...?"

I...

Am going to smack my head against the table.

And the wall.

Maybe even pour some water on the ground and purposely cause myself to slip just so I can forget what just decided to come out of my mouth.

What is wrong with me?

Answer...

Everything.

Literally Everything.

"I mean... I guess it's weird... I never really thought of that though." He seems unsure of what he was saying, and I didn't blame him.

No wait... I did.

Curse his cute genetics to make me say cute out loud because I couldn't hold it in.

"-...Actually, that reminds me of something." His words confuse me as he looks up like he was thinking back on something.

Is he talking about the whole clown thing?

He continues, "I used to be terrified of clowns when I was younger, to the point where even mentioning the word 'clown' freaked me."

"Really? That scared?" I ask, interested in his sudden confession of his past fear.

Clowns are something that kids typically tend to fear, but Damien's fear sounded like it went to a whole another level.

"Yeah, but there is a whole story behind that." He tries to dismiss the story, but I quickly stop him from finishing.

"Please, continue! I'm curious now." I beg, but he only scratches the back of his neck looking uncomfortable.

"But... it's embarrassing." He looks down at the table.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

If he heard some of my embarrassing childhood memories, he would probably be amazed of how far embarrassing could get.

...

It's pretty bad.

"Please, please, please?" I give him puppy dogs eyes as he looks back up at me.

His eyes held composure until he notices my puppy eyes, immediately softening them as he sighs.

"Fine... but only because I couldn't resist your puppy eyes." He gives me a soft smile, to which I return as he takes a deep breath.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

I stick out my pinky, "pinky promise."

"It all started when my parents took me to the circus for the first time, I remember being so excited. Even though I'd only heard stories of the circus at the time, it just made me even more anxious to see what it was all about..." he draws out.