Chapter 12

L I S A

5:00 AM

I woke up, there's no sun at this time, it's still dark, stars are slowly fading away. (It doesn't make sense, does it?) I had packed my clothes last night since I'm going to Korea today. My flight is at 11:30 AM.

I rubbed my eyes before wearing my bunny slippers and heading to the bathroom. I opened the door of my bathroom and got in. I had yellow, Bluetooth, waterproof speakers inside my bathroom. Taking a bath without songs is lonely, and it kinda feels creepy.

I connected my phone to the speaker and played my playlist, I hit 'shuffle playing' and a piece of music started to play.

'I'm Lost Without You, Blink-182,' I thought as the music of the song started to play. A song that I and Jennie used to listen to and sing along to. I smiled to myself. "I'll come to Jennie, just wait," I whispered to myself, smiling. I picked my toothbrush up and put a little bit of the paste.

With bubbles surrounding my lips, I can still sing along to the song. I'm impressed with myself, still remembering the words after 3 years.

After I finished brushing my teeth, the next song played Memories. This is a 2019 song, by a famous band, Maroon 5.

I think Jennie heard this song, it's number 1 almost everywhere.

I took my clothes off and took my shower.

7:00 AM

4 more hours. 4 more hours until my flight back to Korea. I can't wait. It takes five hours and seven minutes. I can just go to sleep. Since I sleep for like... what? Three to four hours. I guess that's fine.

~Fast forward: At the airport~

I'm now at the airport, can't wait!

~Fast forward: At Korea~

I finally reached Korea. Chaeng is supposed to fetch me, but I can't see her anywhere.

"LISA!!" I heard someone called my name. Her voice sounds so familiar. I turned around and saw...

Jennie?

Jennie. Jennie fucking Kim. The heartthrob. Why the fuck is she here? And I felt like everything is in slow-motion. She's running towards me with open arms, and when she reached me, she hugged me, tightly. I was there, frozen.

I hugged her back tightly, I can't believe this is real.

"Is this Jennie Kim?" I asked myself, she slapped my arm gently. Her eyes started to get teary and so did I. Her gummy smile is showing, the smile that I have wanted to see for years. I just want to kiss her right now.

"Coffee?" She asked me, reaching out her hand to intertwine it with mine. I nodded and quickly grabbed her soft and small hands and walked out of the airport.

When we reached the coffee shop, we ordered our drinks and sat down near the glass window.

"How'd you know I'm coming to Korea?" I asked her, full of curiosity. I did tell Rosie not to tell her nor anyone. "I just got that best friend instinct telling me that my childhood friend is coming to Korea," she joked.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny, Ms. Kim," I rolled my eyes teasingly. "But, Yea, Rosie told me," I knew it!

"Where is she anyway?" I asked her, and she looked down. "You came here, survived 5 hours and 7 minutes on the airplane, and asked about Rosie? You are not even going to ask am I sick, or what am I working as now or eve-," I shut her up by placing my long fingers on her lips, how I wish I could replace it with my lips.

"Shh, I won't ask those questions now, it's just that she's my friend, and I asked her to fetch me,"

"So you don't like seeing me?"

"No, that's not what I mean. I wanted it to be a surprise,"

She nodded. I have her a peck on her lips. I didn't know what was happening to me. It just— I don't know. I guess I just miss her.

"I just wanted to bring back our old memo-,"

She kissed me. Like, a full, passionate kiss. Pouring all the love that we had. We didn't care about the pair of eyes staring at us. Now, I'm confused about my feelings.

Sorry for the late update! Thank you for reading! The next chapter will be updated on Friday? Maybe?