"Kairi help!" I called out later realizing she was only a baby.

"How the fu-" Saint said in confusion before I slipped from under him and jumped out of bed.

He sucked his teeth, slowly walking over to me. Now he had me backed up into a corner too.

"Chilll..." I whimpered, laughing a bit.

"Nah Nah cause when-" he spoke before my phone cut him off.

"My phones ringing, I gotta take this." I shrugged, picking up my phone on the night table.

"And what the fuck that gotta do with me?" He laughed, coming at me and grabbing my ass.

"Hello." I giggled, as Saint continued to grab on me and kiss on my neck.

"Cassie." My mom spoke on the other end.

"Ma?" I questioned, pushing Saint away and watching as he left the room.

"Yeah Cass...it's me..." she sighed.

"Why you calling from a no caller ID?" I asked, pulling the phone from my face to make sure I was seeing it right.

"Because Cassie, this isn't my phone." She answered sounding like she was ready to cry.

"Who's phone is it?" I asked.

"Look do we really need to get into details about who's phone is who's?" She asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yes...we do..." I scoffed.

"It's Wades...okay." She sighed.

"Your still with him?!" I exclaimed. "What about- I thought I told you- you told me y'all-"

I was absolutely dumb-founded.

"Cassie I can explain." She whined.

"Well that's what your gonna need to do." I huffed, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"He's in jail Cassie." My mom said.

"That was expected but that's not what I asked ma. What happened between y'all? What happened to what we talked about?" I asked.

"Cass I really did try to leave him. I really did. We were separated for about two months." She admitted.

"But what happened?!" I exclaimed, still confused as to why she wouldn't tell me what happened.

"One night, while I was staying with your aunt, he showed up at the front door with flowers and candy and all this really expensive stuff. He told me he loved me and that he never meant to hurt me and that he'd stop doing what he was doing before." She explained.

"Then what happened?" I asked.

"It got worse." She mumbled, clearing her throat.

"Worse how?" I asked.

"Well for starters, he broke my phone, then he got way more physical than before. One night I even had to go to the emergency room for st-" She spoke before I cut her off.

"Ma!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah." She answered, breaking down into soft cries on the phone.

"I been told you to leave him. I been did. And you just went right in back to his sorry ass." I huffed frustratingly.

"I'm sorry Cass its just that-" She said, before I cut her off.

"Its just that nothing Ma. I wanna know what happened to the old you. The 'I don't need a man' Cassandra Lee Davis. The one that took care of herself and her kids. The one that was stronger than any women I've ever known. THE OLD YOU!" I emphasized, trying to get my point across.