Chapter 33

alright y'all. i apologize for this chapter in advance. looking back at this chapter it's kind of :/ i was a literal kid when i wrote this so bare with me. i didn't know any better. i think i might rewrite this one and last one for a better plot. bullying works 😃
***
Saint Smith
I put a dollar in the vending machine, clicking a letter and a number. I crouched down waiting for my chips to fall down so I could claim them.

Once they did, I grabbed them getting up and turning around to sit with Cassie, Lisa, and Keone. As I approached the table, it became more clear to me that Cassie wasn't there. I looked around looking for her.

Not seeing her, I sat across from Lisa and Keone. Keone held out his hand to dap me but Lisa smacked his hand away.

I sucked my teeth. "What is with you today bro?" I asked Lisa, smiling in confusion.

She didn't answer me and the table fell quiet. "Where Cassie at?" I asked.

Lisa scoffed, looking off to the side. "Where do you think?"

I couldn't grasp why she acting like this towards me. I mean, Lisa and I had our moments but they were never serious. Always playful.

I looked over at Keone. Lisa noticing, gave him a look. Keone who once made eye contact with me, looked down.

I sucked my teeth. "I knew Cassie's friends were bogus as fuck." I mumbled, getting up from the table.

On my way out of the cafeteria, I pulled out my phone from my back pocket. Unlocking it, I opened Cassie's contact.

As I began to text her, I wasn't aware of my surroundings. I had bumped into someone shorter than me. Looking down and realizing who it was I sucked my teeth.

"Oh so you gone say your sorry?" Harper spat.

"My fault." I mumbled, trying to get past her but she blocked the entrance of the cafeteria.

"Hey y'all!" She yelled out, getting the majority of the cafeterias attention. "Don't mind me over here! I'm with my friend Saint! Teacher fucker of the year!" She cackled.

I couldn't believe what had even passed through Harpers lips just now. I looked around at the people who'd been watching what was going on. They either had a shocked look on their faces or they were just laughing.

I slightly pushed Harper out of the way, exiting the cafeteria. My face felt hot. The people I passed in the hallway stared at me weirdly. Even the teachers.

"Young man, where are you going?" Someone asked.

I turned around, seeing an older looking teacher. I sucked my teeth, continuing to walk down the hall anyways. Reaching the back exit, I left the school and ended up in the student parking lot.

I felt like I was out of breath. I kind of also felt dizzy. I was probably going to get in trouble for leaving school early but I didn't care right now.

The air was toxic in that school and I couldn't breathe. I pulled out my car keys, opening my car door. I hopped in, closing it and taking a few deep breaths before pulling out of the driveway.

When I reached a stop light, I checked my phone to see if Cassie had texted me since I left the school. I had no notifications. Shit was weird.

A weird vibe flushed over my head as I picked up my phone. Unlocking it, I clicked on Cassie's contact finding our messages.

Me
Baby...you good?

I was making sure she was okay although I wasn't. Her feelings at the moment mattered most to me.