Chapter 18

Y'all Kehlani new album is so fucking good. I want to put the songs in the chapters but I don't think I can🤬 writing chapter 22 btw🥰
***
Cassie, 8:49am
I groggily awoke from my deep sleep. My eyes adjusted to all the light that filled my room. My head pounded with pain. I pressed my index finger and middle finger against my temple to feel my pulse. It pounded like a fast heartbeat.

I got out of bed, looking around my room. My clothes were scattered everywhere and I had no memory of what happened last night. But then it all came back to me. I made my way to the bathroom, looking into the mirror. My hair was a mess.

I rolled my eyes opening the cabinet inside of the mirror pulling out an Advil bottle. I poured two into my hand and dry swallowed them both.

I looked up at the clock in the bathroom scratching my head. Then my eyes widened.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself. It was damn there 9:00am. Should I even go to school?. I thought to myself. I looked at the time then I looked in the mirror again.

I needed a day off. I didn't want to be around anyone today. My head hurt, I was running late, and my heart was shattered. I sluggishly walked back into my room, throwing myself into my bed and falling back asleep.

***
11:05am
The faint sound of a car honking outside of my window woke me up. I stared up at my ceiling, regathering all of my thoughts. My headache that I had when I first woke up had went away and everything was seemingly quiet.

I slowly got out of bed, letting my footsteps echo through my quiet home. I walked down the hall and up the stairs, peeking into my moms room. She wasn't home but she kept her door unlocked.

Christin was definitely at school for sure so I was the only person at home. I took a deep breath, tip-toeing back to my room.

First thing I did was look for my phone. Finding it on my dresser, I put it on the charger. I had a bunch of notifications.

Most of them were Lisa asking me if I was going to make it school or her being over dramatic about me leaving her alone at school.

I giggled to myself at the thought that my best friend missed me at school. I simply replied that I wasn't coming today and that I'd be back tomorrow with no further explanation.

I put my phone down, straightening up my room. Once that was finished, I hopped into the shower.

I took my time in there, washing my body and my hair. Making sure I exfoliated with my loofah and hopped right out. Moisturizing my body and getting dressed in comfortable pajamas, I got in my bed, Turing on my tv.

It was a nice way of relaxing and a nice way to enjoy my day.
***
Saint Smith
I stared out of the window while I sat at my own lunch table by myself. My headphones were on and I ate a burger while I watched the blue sky filled with moving clouds.

I just wanted to enjoy the few moments I had by myself before Harper showed up.

I finished my burger, wiping the small ketchup smudges off my hands and the corner of my mouth with a napkin near me. I took a sip of my soda, having to clear my throat because it was hella strong.

As I was about to crack my knuckles, Harper sat right next to me. I rolled my eyes, not speaking a word to her.

"So you just not gone say hi to ya girl when she take a seat next to you?" She asked with an annoying tone of voice.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Saint I'm so sick of you." She mumbled under her breath, taking out a container from her purse.

"What?" I asked just waiting for her to say that shit to me again. Only God knew how much I wanted to snap on her. Especially cause she was giving me a reason to.