Chapter 9

Cassie Davis
I scanned my bedroom, looking at everyone. My entire cheerleading squad sat on my bed, on my rug, on my small couches, and bean bag chairs.

I made sure there were snacks and bowls of food on my mini tables in case anyone got hungry. I felt like such a good host, tending to the needs of my fellow teammates.

"Alright y'all." I announced, interrupting the small talk made by the girls. They all grew silent.

"As you know, we meet at my house every Friday to grow closer as a team and go over some things that we could do to make it the best that it could be." I smiled, making eye contact with everyone.

"And of course to spill the tea" one of the girls added, causing everyone to agree.

I giggled, agreeing with her remark.

"So." Harper spoke.

"Have you and Mickel did it yet?" She asked.

I felt my face turn hot.

I looked at all of the girls. They were sitting at the edge of their seats, waiting for my answer.

I didn't understand why Harper asked the question. She knew I was a virgin.

"Guys no...ok. Mickel and I are happy. We don't need to do...that." I chuckled uncomfortably, shifting myself in my seat.

Everyone sighed as if I disappointed them.

I shook my head and laughed. Everyone was out losing their virginity's and having babies at 17 or 18. But not me.

"My old friend moved back into town." I smiled, changing the subject.

"Aw thats nice." One of the girls said.

"Yeah and guess who he is?" Harper asked, poking her chest out with pride.

Once again, everyone leaned on the edge of their seats.

"My boyfriend." She smiled.

"Wait so..." one of the girls gasped.

Indistinctive chatter filled the room.

"So your the one who's dating the new kid?!" One of the girls asked loud enough so everyone could hear. We all waited for Harper's answer.

"Yup." She sighed.

"Lucky! That boy is fine!" One of the girls squealed.

"Did you see his tats? So sexy." Another girl admitted.

"Yessss girl and his muscles...sis!" Another girl agreed.

"How'd you two start talking?" One of the girls asked.

"I mean...he came on to me...hard on his first day. It was weird but he's really cute and I needed an accessory to walk around with." Harper shrugged.

My face went from neutral to flat. "Harper so your not in it for his personality?" I asked.

"I mean...we only knew each other two days and-" she said before getting cut off by one of the other girls.

"And y'all are already dating?" She asked.

You could tell she was uncomfortable with the question. All she did was clear her throat and shrug her shoulders. Harper was hella quiet now.

"Cassie, how'd you and the new kid know each other?" The same girl asked.

"His name is Saint. He always lived right in that house next to me." I said pointing out of my window. "We never really talked until the one day I would never forget. My sister was having a pool party and he was there. I got my period and everyone saw, so I ran inside of the house. Besides my mom and my sister, he was the only one that came in to check on me, even though we didn't actually know each other too well."