Chapter 60

This chapter is all about visuals, feel me?😉 (this chapter might make y'all mad but it gets better) 
***READ CHAPTER 59 FIRST*** I updated twice.
***
Cassie Davis
8:53pm
After a long day of school, an hour of practice and my first day at work, I was finally on my way back to Saints. I was ready to cuddle up under him, talk to him about my day and fall asleep. Crazy thing was I would have to wake up and do this shit all over again.

Thank God I only worked Monday's, Tuesdays and, Saturday's. I was making a good amount of money for only working part time too. It was sort of a win-win. I was proud of myself. I finally, after all of these years stepped up and started working for myself.

Everybody was so proud of me. Especially Lisa. If it wasn't for her motivation I'd probably still be at my moms living off of her.

I shoved my headphones into my ear, stepping onto the bus. Walking down the aisle and taking a seat in the back, I couldn't help but put a slight smile on my face. I felt free.

Although taking a city bus after work to your boyfriends apartment wasn't a big deal to some people, it was to me. I'd never stepped out of my comfort zone and I was glad I finally did.

***
9:15pm
I reached under the welcome mat in front of Saints apartment door. Grabbing the spare key, I unlocked the door, put it back under the mat then closed the door back. All of the lights had been off and everything had been quiet. I flipped the light switch on.

"Saint?" I called out, figuring he might've been in the back. I got no answer. Taking a deep breath, I headed down the hall into his room. I set my things down, kicking my shoes off.

I undressed myself, putting all of my worn clothes into the hamper minus my work shirt. I grabbed my towel, walking into the bathroom and hopping in the shower. Once I got out, I got dressed and put my phone on the charger. Getting into bed, I sprawled myself across the entire area.

Saint still hasn't come home and I was beginning to become worried. Then again, I knew he was busy. I didn't like how he tried to fit a lot of things into one day.

I understood he wanted to practice as much as he could in order to win this game but I wanted to make sure he was also getting enough rest.

Just as I reached for my phone to call him, I heard his keys in the door. I jolted up out of bed excited for him to reach his room.

He entered the bedroom taking a deep breath. He was still sweaty from working out and he looked tired.

"Hey babe." I blushed.

"Hey mama." He huffed, coming closer to me.

He planted a kiss on my forehead, kicking his sneakers off.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"It was fine. This working out everyday shit ain't no joke." He chuckled.

"Aw my baby needs a break." I pouted, crisscrossing my legs on the bed.

"I'm good Cass. The harder I work, the more I'll achieve. My moms taught me that from a youngin. You know?" He explained.

"I understand." I smiled.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Boyyyy let me mother fuckin tell you!" I exclaimed.

He sat on the chair in the corner of his room tuning into everything I had to say. I loved the way he listened to me. He didn't just turn away or pretend. He genuinely cared.

"Okay so when I got there right, already there were a bunch of kids running around and my nerves were kicking in, you know? But once I was introduced to my co-workers by my manager, I was put at ease. There's like 6 of us or whatever. Really...I don't even do much. I just walk around making sure nobodies stealing, stock the shelves, clean that luh area them kids be in and go home." I smiled, happy about my day.