Professor Layton and Luke's 'Problem'.....

Authors Note -

Gather round children of every gender and age...

Wouldn't you like to read something strange?...

Based on the witty professor I love and young boy I adore...

The author of this rubbish thought normal would be a bore....

And so they wove a tale of pure disgust...

For those who study Biology, this horror is a must...

Brought to you by the girl who's a queen of this it seems...

I wish you all an early Halloween!...

~ pheonix2012 ~

"Professor Layton, I see nothing the matter with this man. Which... worries me." The doctor tapped his pen against the clipboard and clucked his tongue. "There could be a minor cause. Stress-- perhaps from school? Maybe something disagreed with his stomach, or it's the flu. But... there aren't other flu symptoms than vomiting."

"I'm assuming..." Layton said cautiously; he didn't want to bring up the possibility but it was either him or the doctor who would have to. "...that it could signify a greater illness?"

"Yes." The doctor sat down in his chair. "I'd suggest some tests to narrow down the cause."

"I see. Thank you."

They shook hands. Layton picked up his coat and hat, then returned to the waiting room. Luke looked up as soon as he opened the door. There was a fidgety look on his face. He was trying to be calm, but still shaking inside. He sprang to Layton's side, demanding to know what the doctor had told him.

"In a moment." Layton raised a hand. "Ma'am, I would like to schedule another appointment."

The secretary peered over her red horn-rimmed glasses through the window. "There's an opening for next Tuesday, and an opening the Friday two we--"

Luke gasped and shook the professor's coat. He looked up desperately.

"The doctor said he wasn't sure of what the cause was and wants to do a few more tests."

"Doesn't know?" Luke didn't let go of the professor. "That's worse." He stood catatonic and quiet as Layton scheduled the appointment.

"Luke, you're going to be all right." Layton placed a hand on his back and led him out. Luke was on autopilot, his stomach was curdling just like this and past mornings this week, posssibly for those reasons as well as the nervousness of the vague news from the doctor.

They passed the men's restroom and Luke couldn't take it anymore. He ran in and vomited in the urinal. Layton patted his back as he heaved over the porcelain. When Luke began to stand up, his mentor handed him a napkin.

(A/N: oh wouldn't you hate to be the man next in line in the bathroom queue? Having to piss, right into Luke's spew?)

"It will be all right, my boy."

"You don't think it's related to..." Luke hesitated, glancing around. He only finished his statement in a hushed tone, long after they had left the restroom. "You don't think it's related to what we've been doing lately?"

Layton flushed and pulled at his turtleneck, "I hardly think it's the cause. Sure, the symptoms are similar, but a man could never conceive a child."

"I didn't mean ithat/i." Luke laughed. "I meant... that it disrupted my system or something."

"Does that mean you would like to stop?"

"What?!" Luke's jaw dropped. "I-- No way!"

"Were you not worried about your health earlier?" Layton raised a brow.