Chapter 19

____________________________________

The car comes to a halt, pulling up directly in front of a fairly-sized, soft beige one-story home. The sudden stop causes Jade's heart to slowly inflate upon realizing that this is James' house. It's time for his ass to leave.

For the past twenty minutes, the brunette has been third-wheeling hard. Her existence in the vehicle was relatively nothing. The two peas in a pod, Kinsey and James, were so engaged in their banter the entire time that Jade could only sit in silence and observe herself being left out. She knew that she could not relate to anything that they were talking about because it all consisted of sports, and more sports, but she felt all the more shitty having been completely ignored the entire car ride.

What made the dreadful ride even worse was how physically comfortable the two were. It was as if the brunette was invading a couple's privacy. Jade understands that they are best friends but she couldn't control how the sly touches made her feel.

She caught multiple instances of Kinsey casually laying her hand atop James' upper thigh as she would be talking passionately about something and James felt comfortable enough to do the same.

Jade sat still the entire time watching all of this. Her introverted nature refusing to allow herself to interject and participate in the conversation, so she sat there in apathy the entire time. She was too shy around the best friends to attempt sparking up a different conversation she could be a part of. It's like she was simply too shy to function.

Jade draws her attention back to the two as James prepares to leave.

"I don't know why you even try with these girls," Kinsey states mid-conversation with James as she takes her hand off the wheel.

James turns to Kinsey as he grabs for his two heavy bags resting in front of his legs. "I don't know why either," he states in a calmer, serious tone as he looks her in the eyes with a suggestive smirk.

Jade notices a brief glint of longing in the boy's eyes as he stares at Kinsey after saying that. The brunette slightly squints at the way his tone changed in that brief millisecond. "Is this fucker serious?" Jade mentally questions as she feels ashamed at how hard he is trying.

The current conversation derived from James telling countless stories of the one-night stands he's been indulging in over these past few weeks. Of course, Jade was uninterested in all of it, but Kinsey seemed to care, advising him to stop bothering with these females.

"Tough shit. Now get the fuck out of my car," Kinsey states nonchalantly making Jade conservatively chuckle in the backseat.

The boy deeply sighs at Kinsey's comment, grabbing his bags and pulling the door lever. As he steps up and out of the car, Kinsey slaps his bum on his way out. James flinches at the hit but takes it lightly as he shakes his head with a faint smile spread across his face before he slams the door closed.

When the door shuts, the blonde immediately turns to the lone brunette hanging around in the backseat.

"Get up here."

Jade nods as if she is used to being ordered around by the blonde and clicks off her seatbelt before swiftly pulling herself up and over the center console to the passenger seat. She lands safely, surprised at herself for not tripping and face-planting into the dashboard.

"I'm proud of you," Kinsey simply states as she starts driving again down the relatively sparse road.

"For what?" The brunette starts, confused at the blonde's remark.

"You didn't make a fool of yourself."

"Wow, I'm happy to know that you have some faith in me," Jade remarks, looking over at Kinsey's profile in cockiness before she gets caught up in the way the blonde's skin was basically glistening due to the dried up sweat from practice. She looks like an actual goddess.

"What's up with you and staring?" Kinsey snaps, looking over at Jade who quickly snaps out of her daze.

"I honestly don't know," Jade mutters, confused at herself. She's never been the one to just stare at people. She, herself, finding it very creepy.

"I didn't say you had to stop. You can admire me all you want, I know I'm hot. Maybe that's why you decided to kiss me?" Kinsey continues with her eyes on the road, but a sly smirk creeping onto her face.

"Okay, will you stop bringing it up? I didn't kiss your arrogant ass," Jade clarifies, crossing her arms and looking ahead at the seemingly endless road.

"You can't act like it didn't happen," Kinsey adds, purposely adding flames to the fire that is the goth-appearing brunette.

"It was just a one-time accident. It will never happen again and I can promise you that, so will you just stop acting weird about it!" Jade snaps out of nowhere. The faint echoing of her own voice shocking herself.

While in the driver's seat, Kinsey's heart convulses momentarily as the last word is spit out of Jade's mouth. Seeing the brunette feel so vehemently strong about never wanting to kiss the blonde ever again makes Kinsey's heart ached for some odd reason. She feels partially attacked by the brunette's words that for the first time ever, she is at a loss for words.

She doesn't know how she is supposed to feel but all that has been consuming her mind as of late has been being able to kiss the brunette again. It's the berating thought that's lead her to find every opportunity to tease the girl that makes her feel nervous and all tingling, in a good way.

Jade notices the building tension in the vehicle and decides to let it fester. She doesn't know how she can fix it because she faces the conflict in her own head right now with what she just said.

Never again?

So the two girls just sit in the silence of the car, separated by the leather center console and the feelings they are both afraid to address.

________<~>________

Heyyyy, she's back. I had to tease y'all with some Kade. Yes, Kade is the official ship name for Kinsey and Jade. I think a lot of people really liked this one so we're sticking with it. 😋
...

Alright, what did you guys think about this chapter? Jade's thirst is real and I don't blame her. Do you think she'll be able to resist Kinsey for long?
...

Let me know in the comments. I want to hear all of your opinions. Don't forget to vote and follow me for updates on this story and news about new potential stories. I might have another gxg story sitting in drafts...🤭😏