Chapter 58

____________________________________

Kinsey side-eyes the wretched condition of the party as she steps through the door. The potent smell of alcohol and sweat assaults her nose, forcing her to contort her face in disgust. The bodies already passed out around the home reminds her of why she never liked parties. She takes a timid step over some guy sprawled out across the front door like a human doormat. His thick, curly mop-style hair extends out like the heavy woolly coat of a Mammoth.

Her eyes scan the area, immediately recognizing the place. How could she not when she met the girl she's in love with at this very house? At a party that was meant to be forgettable like the others. She's had dreams about this very house, finding Jade at the end of the maze every fucking time.

Kinsey squares her shoulders, carefully stepping around more people who have already passed out on the floor for the night. It seems the party is dying down. Kinsey would argue that it had died down a while ago from the looks of it. The granite countertop in the kitchen is covered in empty glass bottles and shot glasses, while there are only a few people who are still dancing around the DJ stand.

Those people most likely crossfaded tonight. The mixture of alcohol and marijuana guaranteed an experience nonetheless, whether it was positive or negative depends on who you ask.

They appear idiotic as they dance hypnotically to the slow and sensual rhythm and blues. On the other end of the party-goers spectrum, some are awake, apparently horny as most of them seem to be solidifying their hookups for tonight with intense make-out sessions littered throughout the home.

Kinsey tucks her unruly, frazzled dirty blonde hair behind her ear as she scans the room, looking for her very special brunette. Her heart races as her initial search come out unsuccessful. Assuming that Jade is drunk right about now, Kinsey expects the brunette to be loud enough to catch her attention. Kinsey can't help it as protruding thoughts of Jade being in a situation like the last time cloud her mind. The mental scenario makes Kinsey's blood boil.

I will ki-

"Kinsey, sweetheart!"

The blonde snaps her gaze over to Lucia resting her head in some guy's lap. The girl with hair that appears to have been vomited on by a rainbow, catches Kinsey off guard, but not by much.

Why am I not surprised?

Kinsey doesn't seem too fazed by the new look, considering Lucia's spontaneous personality. As Kinsey makes her way over, Lucia rises from the boy's lap like a zombie coming back to life. The blonde rolls her eyes, not in the mood for Strawberry Shortcakes' energy. That nickname will remain as long as Kinsey wants it to despite the change to her hair.

Kinsey is slightly miffed at Lucia for bringing Jade along to this thing and visibly abandoning her like this. The blonde tries to reason with herself, knowing damn well that Jade makes her own choices, but she needs someone to blame for the anxiety she is suddenly feeling about Jade. And that person happens to be Lucia, unfortunately.