Chapter 16

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I'm baacccccck for the fifty-millionth time! I will never make you guys wait like that again

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I'm baacccccck for the fifty-millionth time! I will never make you guys wait like that again. To give y'all a little update:

1. I'm fine. Hurricane Dorian luckily surpassed my area as a tropical storm but my wishes go out to the Bahamas. Please donate if you guys have the ability to because what happened there was tragic and unfortunate.

2. I never gave up on this story, I just could never find the time to update. It has been school, applying for college, and preparing to graduate so life's a mess right now. But I'm glad that I've found the time to update for you guys.

<~>

_________________________________

____________________________________

*WARNING: This chapter will contain a very rude and harsh derogatory term that is used solely for the purpose of characterization.

<~>

"Shit, sorry," Jade grunts as she accidentally grazes the dense shoulder of some boy in the midst of the chaotic class change.

"Jade, stop apologizing! This is the sixteenth time in just two minutes and I'm not exaggerating," Lucia orders as she pulls Jade through the large crowd of students that are trying to, at least, make it on time to their second class period of the day.

Lucia's arm wraps around Jade's thin arm tightly, unwilling to lose her friend in the herd of pubescent teenagers.

"I'm sor-," Jade cuts herself off, realizing her subconscious habit.

"It's fine," Lucia reassures with a subtle teasing smile as she strides casually alongside the brunette through to the less-crowded portion of the hallway.

The girls walk with a steady pace down the hall, reaching a point in which the concentration of students decrease.

The less congested space gives them ample room to breathe. A few students enter their respective classrooms with the wooden doors being held open by rubber triangular doorstoppers.