Chapter 59

____________________________________

It's been exactly five days since Jade and Kinsey had spoken in any form. No texts, nor calls, or video chats. The blonde had made it clear that she needed her space and Jade semi-accepted that.

Jade's desperate antics on the day that Kinsey ignored her in the hallway served as an impetus for their five-day hiatus.

Consequently, the last day they spoke went a little like this.

Jade waited anxiously like a lost puppy at Kinsey's car following football practice. She was hopeless and didn't know what else to do after the blonde had ignored her at every turn throughout the day. Jade would catch Kinsey's eyes and then the blonde would abort the mission, breaking eye contact immediately. This happened during breaks in between classes, during lunch, and even during restroom breaks during class when Jade conveniently needed to use the bathroom whenever Kinsey needed to.

So, Jade's desperation to make things right led her to such stalker-ish behavior.

Jade started babbling as Kinsey apprehensively approached the car. Her soft doe eyes were met with a deathly, cold stare and another solid dose of the silent treatment from the blonde. The brunette couldn't describe how much it pained her to be continuously rejected by her own girlfriend. To stand there so vulnerable and receive no emotion in return, especially when she was so full of passion.

It genuinely felt like it was Jade versus Kinsey for the first time. No sexual tension, no flirting, just animosity. Jade had missed Kinsey's smile so much that she had found herself daydreaming about it at random moments throughout the school day. Reminiscing on the times that she was responsible for Kinsey's genuine smile and laughter instead of her tears and sorrow.

Jade would agree that she had lost her damn mind when she resorted to planting a kiss on Kinsey's unsuspecting lips as they stood in opposition to one another by the blazing red vehicle. At that point, the pair hadn't officially kissed since the afternoon before the party.

Why did Jade always think kissing would make everything better?

Jade thought that a second try would be enough to ignite that spark. Oh, was she fucking wrong, as with many other things as of late.

Expectedly, Jade was denied reciprocation. Kinsey didn't bother to kiss back. Her soft lips unenthusiastically smashed up against Jade's lips, leaving a lackluster sensation behind. Jade's heart sank as she pulled back and finally understood the gravity of the situation. The realization had finally hit: their relationship was in deep shit.

Kinsey stared at Jade in utter disappointment before shoving the brunette out of her way so that she could open the driver's side door and sink into her seat. She revved up the engine without hesitation and speedily reversed before driving away, leaving Jade behind with the smell of burnt rubber and undeniable embarrassment coursing through her veins.