Chapter 9

____________________________________

The next morning Jade wakes up in an excruciatingly groggy state. The sun burns holes through her eyelids, forcing her to face the day. Her tan legs tangle within the pillowy comforter and her untamed brunette locks spread across the bed in a disheveled mess.

The low temperature of the compact room makes Jade uncomfortable, further pushing her to cuddle back into the comforter. The alarm on her phone is of no use as she 'accidentally' presses the snooze button, rolling back into bed.

Eventually the will to actually live kicks in, forcing the brunette to lift herself from the entanglement of the comforter. Jade resembles a zombie rising six feet underground with her dark, chocolate locks hanging every which way. Some strands cover her face while some just remain in a huge knot atop her head. Once her body is in an upright position and stable, she makes the attempt to open her eyes to face off the glaring sun. Her eyes flutter open like the wings of a butterfly escaping its cocoon.

A gruff noise sounds from the small teenager like an engine revving up. The alarm sounds again, to remind her that it's really time to get her ass up.

Thoughts begin to flush through her mind as Jade mentally wakes up. The minuscule thoughts swarm around in her mind at a fast pace, too fast for her to stop and fully comprehend them. The only thought adhesive thought that seems to linger, is a memory. A memory from last night in which she lost her long-standing battle against temptation. She kissed a girl for the first time.

She thinks of the arguably pleasant encounter as merely another one of those unnatural dreams that has plagued her since she began going through the whimsical process of puberty. The difficulty with dismissing the encounter as an unfortunate event is because Jade remembers exactly how those soft, plush lips intertwined with hers and how her rapid heart rate nearly forced her into cardiac arrest. Her heart begins to mimic that same feeling as she vividly remembers every detail of last evening. Those icy blue eyes staring into her soul, daring her to make the first move was too much. Jade indefinitely shakes her head as if that will definitely erase the event from her mind.

To distract herself, she continues on with her monotonous morning routine before school. The only thing is that as her regular morning routine goes on, she can't help but have periodic lapses in memory in which she envisions Kinsey smirking and making jokes at the brunette. It is like a movie of Kinsey is playing in slow motion for only Jade to see. It is pure and utter torture.

She finds herself daydreaming while brushing her teeth. "Fuck!" She shouts in frustration as she slams both of her fists down against the marble sink, altogether dropping the sliver of toothpaste that clung onto her baby blue toothbrush. The frustration due to her inability to get the blue-eyed dirty blonde out of her head.

"Jade Hill! Watch your tone," Her mother comments as she shows up to witness Jade's mini-tantrum. Her mother stands tall in the doorway of the bathroom in her tight-fitting business attire and ebony pointy heels. Her hair in an extremely tight bun that looks like it hurts. Her posture screams intimidation and power. "How dare you yell profanities in my house." The strong tone echoes off the beige popcorn walls of the house, not enough to wake Melanie from her slumber.